914 Color Display...

withers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many bright colours! Including my favorite, Mexico Blue. They just ooze a sense of fun and motoring enjoyment. :)

Modern cars just don't have these shades any more. The car maker's marketing dept. consider them too risky. "How will this colour affect re-sale value?" BORING!

I never regarded black , white or grey/silver as colours . Black is the softest paint (which is why it scratches so easily) , white is for whitegoods (the hardest paint , practical and you can touch up with typex) whilst grey is the same hue as bitumen...why this is allowed under road/vehicle safety laws is beyond me, seriously. Give me 70s Porsche "safety colours" anyday.

You got It bad Amanda...they are both great images would love an orig colour chart

I found it when looking for a moonstone shade 911 yesterday.  I love all these colors, they are cool.

Last night when driving across town, I remembered Tazman saying how bland cars are.... it's true the roads look bland indeed, white, silver, black.. the odd red car.  They do look boring!

Look at Mazda - they paint the mazda 3 in all these great colors and then a sports car like the mx5 comes out in several basic shades of boring! They have no idea...  many car makes are doing this.

• 2 months later...

So many bright colours! Including my favorite, Mexico Blue. They just ooze a sense of fun and motoring enjoyment. :)

Modern cars just don't have these shades any more. The car maker's marketing dept. consider them too risky. "How will this colour affect re-sale value?" BORING!

a lot of the Porsche guides also promote buying 'safe' colours, and that the other ones affect resale. I think after so long it's going to be the other way round now

Niko...........

Yes I know......I shouldn't even be looking, but...... between 12k and 16k is what they think, seems in reasonable nick, bit rough around the front top windscreen area where the roof clicks in, and looks like a couple of engine oil leaks.   Appears to be rust free from what you can see.

Couldn't get into the engine compartment.

The RHD conversion appears visually to be ok, but I really wouldn't know.    

Hmmm.   "Old Yella" would have to go.....Just some food for thought at the moment..... but I do have a liking for them.

For info also a nice white Auto 928 in there too. 

do it! lol

only thing I know to look for on a LHD/RHD conversion on a 911 is where the steering column attaches to the support of the body, and how flexible that plate is

Thanks Russ, without actually hopping in then, or taking it for a drive, probably hard to tell.  

It is an ex W.A. car also which I forgot to add in.

Hmmmmm timing not right just yet.   But...might pop along on the night and just have a look see...

Niko,

pay particular attention under the battery in the engine compartment, battery acid washes down and

at best, rusts the support, at worst the whole suspension pick up points go.

But if you get a good one they are FUN.

I would have thought closer to $12k but I havent seen it in the flesh. Silver/Red great combo.

Dont do it, leave it fo someone else :ph34r:

I've been in the passenger seat of a LHD 914, I was amazed at how much foot room their was compared to a 911

with all the go fast VW stuff out of the states now you could make a weapon of a 914 pretty cheap

Yes I know......I shouldn't even be looking, but...... between 12k and 16k is what they think, seems in reasonable nick, bit rough around the front top windscreen area where the roof clicks in, and looks like a couple of engine oil leaks.   Appears to be rust free from what you can see.

Couldn't get into the engine compartment.

The RHD conversion appears visually to be ok, but I really wouldn't know.    

Hmmm.   "Old Yella" would have to go.....Just some food for thought at the moment..... but I do have a liking for them.

For info also a nice white Auto 928 in there too. 

Don't even think of parting with old yella!  Geezzzzz

Seriously tho,  that 914 looks tidy.. love the color combo too!

Thanks Barry that would be great to hear what you think.  , but please don't go out of your way, it is just a bit of a pipe dream at the moment, I am awaiting the stars to align.

Don't even think of parting with old yella!  Geezzzzz

Seriously tho,  that 914 looks tidy.. love the color combo too!

Yep, I hear ya....

Archived