NSW New speed cameras?

Hello, has anyone else noticed a new sort of camera system starting to appear on the side of the road? They are fixed, with solar panels all over them, and a lot (5?)  of cameras on them. They’re about 6 feet high and about 4 foot wide and 4 foot deep. they still have plastic wrapping on them so aren’t in use yet, but I’d love to know if anyone really knows what they’re all about? I’m starting to see a lot of them. 

Like this one below?

Nothing to worry about! Gotta love all the Aussie (and commonwealth) govts -  local, state and the feds looking after us so well and continually inching daily  into the privacy of our lives. The cameras are just for our safety and convenience you know, and the govts are absolutely concerned for our future well being and freedoms and are looking after us all. NOT!! Trialing them near roads  "so a sort of like a speed camera kind of thing, definately not data collection trialing" ....

Just the pricks who rule over us frogs boiling in the pot, turning up the heat just a fraction at a time daily and constantly interfering in our lives.

15 minute cities Australia, surely not?? Coming to a town near you .....

Mobile CCTV Trailer | AlburyCity

2 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Like this one below?

Nothing to worry about! Gotta love all the Aussie (and commonwealth) govts -  local, state and the feds looking after us so well and continually inching daily  into the privacy of our lives. The cameras are just for our convenience you know, and the govts are absolutely concerned for our future well being and freedoms and are looking after us all for our safety, and future. NOT!! Trialing them near roads  "a sort of like a speed camera kind of thing" ....

Just the pricks who rule over us frogs boiling in the pot, turning up the heat just a fraction at a time daily and constantly interfering in our lives.

They look similar to the new Tassie ones.  As I understand, the radar units are within the enclosed area, the cameras on the mast are just to record people wanting to vandalise the trailers.....  Interesting, too, the Tassie ones look to only have radars to the rear, nothing on the front, but I must admit to not having had too close a crawl around them for obvious reasons.....

On 12/12/2022 at 19:26, Troubleshooter said:

Like this one below?

Nothing to worry about! Gotta love all the Aussie (and commonwealth) govts -  local, state and the feds looking after us so well and continually inching daily  into the privacy of our lives. The cameras are just for our safety and convenience you know, and the govts are absolutely concerned for our future well being and freedoms and are looking after us all. NOT!! Trialing them near roads  "so a sort of like a speed camera kind of thing, definately not data collection trialing" ....

No the new ones look way more modern and high tech I’m seeing. 

A guy I know is in charge of the "contractors" that run the current mobile phone detection devices (!) and tells me that:

(a) They are rolling out "heaps" more.

(b) They are trialling new tech that will enable Seatbelt fines as well as other "interior offences" (also !!!!) to be rolled out shortly.

(c) We (as in Australia) are at the forefront of this tech - they have sold off the # plate recognition software to 20+ other countries....

(d) they need those cameras - recently a "camera unit" was destroyed by a stolen ute - that reversed up to one, knocked it over and it was then set alight..... 🤣