Interesting story 930

That is very cool. I wonder if the other one was Alan Hamiltons?

Owning a car that was owned by AJ is about as good as you could get down here. I am super impressed he is a Porsche guy. Makes sense and can you imagine the story's that car could tell, of him behind the wheel ?

Interesting. Cleary it kills bugs fast as they are plastered all over the front of it.

The interior would need to be put back to original spec as it is not correct. The seats appear to be later watercooled recaro's.

There was another 1975 one for sale with half the K's and the tartan interior, but that was 140k. I nursed a semi over that one.

This car, however would be a worthy investment regardless of its history and provenance. Any pre 78 930 is a very astute choice as a special Porsche. The beginnings of a schnell-luft empire.

How would you confirm that story tho?  Service manual with the owners details in it?  Via the VIN?

Though. You would contact Porsche and also have a look at the owners manual as it should have Alan's name in there. Also you could contact Alan himself and confirm the story.

Interesting, black anodised pop out side rear windows !!!

Yep. 911's had them until 1978. Mine has black pop outs, even though its not a 930............

The first 930s had no boost gauge under the tacho.

They seem to have started in late 76s.

I didn't know that vas, my old 930 was a 77 model 3.0 had the gauge and many early ones that I've seen where the same.. Always good to learn something new with these cars.

However the 75 definitely was not delivered with 16's and I believe they didn't have the stone guards on rear quarters, being a 75 would be pre-gal body with no brake booster, also flag mirrors where not introduced till 76/77 and the 75 didn't have a center console

Putting all this aside, if the numbers are indeed for a 75 it would make for an interesting car regardless of history or modifications, with only 273 delivered ROW new there can't be many survivors left.....

The 16s may have been special order, I dont know.

Yes, the 75 had no stone guards, this may have been part of the special story.

In the end, its a car you would need to do some research on.

I think its the real deal, it may have been painted at some stage.

If its not true, the guy will be found out in a phone call or two, so why would he bother.

But you never know. :)

"I didn't know that vas, my old 930 was a 77 model 3.0 had the gauge and many early ones that I've seen where the same.. Always good to learn something new with these cars."

Late 76 and 77 cars had the gauge, not the early cars.

I don't know anyone here, in the US or europe that has a gauge in the 75 or early to mid 76 cars.

Here is a pic of an original 75.

porsche-911-083-4-481_zpsa2e98b03.jpg

No relevance to the thread but I remember reading an article many years ago about a guy that was obsessed with 930 Porsches. He used to set his alarm to 9:29 twice a day so that he saw the 9:30 come up on his digital clock etc. If I remember the story correctly he went to Germany for a factory tour etc and ended up buying one somewhere and shipping it. It was a great read at the time :rolleyes:

Archived