10-15% price rises for Porsche cars coming

2 hours ago, WGA said:

Bold move, drive margins up on EVs which the market is yet to fully embrace.  Will they hit their target 20% GM per vehicle but suffer lower volumes?  Maybe they don't care bottom line stays strong off less production. 

The number of pink Taycans at the factory tour last year shocked me.  The tour guide laughed and said, another one going to China, checked the production sticker, sure enough, China it was.  Can't remember exactly but he said China was a massive part of global Porsche sales now.  So what a few ICE enthusiasts in Australia may have to say is no doubt irrelevant to their strategy.  Just hope they don't jack up my GT4RS price before it lands.....

When I first looked at the 4S taycan 2 years ago they were sub 200k with no options. If they jack the prices again they'll be pushing $300k (they've already increased 3 times in 2 years). Pass.

Electric cars are only usable for city driving. Especially in Australia. Makes justifying owning one currently that isn't a Tesla a fringe use case.

7 hours ago, DJM said:

Bold move, drive margins up on EVs which the market is yet to fully embrace.  Will they hit their target 20% GM per vehicle but suffer lower volumes?  Maybe they don't care bottom line stays strong off less production. 

The number of pink Taycans at the factory tour last year shocked me.  The tour guide laughed and said, another one going to China, checked the production sticker, sure enough, China it was.  Can't remember exactly but he said China was a massive part of global Porsche sales now.  So what a few ICE enthusiasts in Australia may have to say is no doubt irrelevant to their strategy.  Just hope they don't jack up my GT4RS price before it lands.....

My initial swing back in 2021 on my current FIFO  gig had me starting off with doing 3 weeks quarantine in Shanghai.  After 2 weeks of hard  lockdown had a week of soft lockdown (could leave the hotel but had to do a couple of tests before I could fly out of Shanghai) . Never seen some many Porsches  whilst walking the streets  during peak hour traffic.  The pink Taycans were a dime a dozen as were white Taycan Turbo/'S with the standout 420mm??  massive yellow brake  calipers?  But what stood out more for me was every police car I sighted was a VW. 

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, HWY said:

Looks like the price increases have come through. Looks higher than the official inflation data.

And sadly no more Adventurine Green for the 911.  That's a stunning colour.

I hope you are referring to Adventurine Green on the 992 series of cars which was a stunning colour. I despised the Adventurine Green on my 993 so much I had it repainted in Forest Green metalic. 

4 minutes ago, WB997.2GTS said:

I hope you are referring to Adventurine Green on the 992 series of cars which was a stunning colour. I despised the Adventurine Green on my 993 so much I had it repainted in Forest Green metalic. 

100%   992- adventurine green "neo"