Lotus Emira - owners and discussion

Really good - better than the exige - slightly under the 4RS.  A couple of things were frustrating, the seatbelt wouldn't come out of the spool easily (it kept locking itself when pulling it out), and the carplay dropped out once.  But really is a leap ahead.  

I think any owner of an Emira wouldn't have an issue with build quality unless they were being picky (or something broke).

I am now 4000+kms into the Emira. In summary:

- So far nothing has broken or fallen off and it has no rattles! Build quality not as good as my 4RS but I reckon better than my 992 GT3 which is, IMHO, the modern day equivalent of a 996. Lots of rattles, buzzes and squeaks.

- Have adjusted to the light steering. Can now tip the car into a corner reasonably confidently....but still think it's a bit too light.

- Heal/toeing has improved as i have adjusted to the short brake pedal travel...but kind of find the amount of revs you get on a blip seems to vary. Sometimes a lot, sometimes not enough.

- Would agree that the KEF is better than the Bose in the 4RS which is pointless to listen too.

- You get very nice aural reward at legal speeds. For an old Toyota banger, it sounds good. Better than the 4RS.

- I prefer driving the Emira than my Boxster GTS 4.0 which disappoints me every time I drive it.

So still very much like the car.....have not regretted the purchase and can see why a lot of Lotus buyers stick with the brand....but I might move it (and the Boxster GTS) on soon as I am getting itchy feet to try something else.

Had a run up to Toukley yesterday and decided to take the Emira. Almost entirely motorway, 300kms.

The more I drive it the more I like it. Super capable weekend car that can do it all. That drive in the GT3 would have been quite tiring, got out of the Emira and felt fine. My car also has zero squeaks and rattles.

I too have itchy feet but the Emira will stay. There is nothing I can replace it with that is still under warranty that fills the same niche for the price.

More likely I'll shift some of the older cars to make some space.