PPI

tomo

Can you pay a deposit subject to PPI Tomo and get the yard to take it to a mechanic?

If you're talking about an onsite car yard PPI, how do they get the pans off from underneath to check for oil leaks?  Are you after a mechanical report or cosmetic?

I have used Ruben in Heidleburg West to check over a Macan - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063103338138 

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Can you pay a deposit subject to PPI Tomo and get the yard to take it to a mechanic?

If you're talking about an onsite car yard PPI, how do they get the pans off from underneath to check for oil leaks?  Are you after a mechanical report or cosmetic?

I have used Ruben in Heidleburg West to check over a Macan - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063103338138 

Thanks @Stepo will give them a crack.

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Well the 911 has a new shed Mate,

Pick her up next week, Having a major with a few bibs and bobs. 😀

Congrats @tomo 

Porsche SUV's make for a great daily/all rounder

51 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Congrats @tomo 

Porsche SUV's make for a great daily/all rounder

Yep, By all reports they are a blast with the PDK is a capable fun unit the wife's new car.

• 2 weeks later...

Well picked the Mecan S yesterday,  And after dropping in to see the daughter and the grankids off on the 4:30 hr drive home, Not a 911,But handled the task of rain , night, crazy traffic all with comfort and poise, The combernation of the Turbo 3 ltr and PDK was fantastic, The car never seemed to struggle in any situation with a smooth transition of power and performance and surprisingly quick!!! The cruise control is a licence saver. All in all a good unit. Note before attempting to drive one of these multiple function machines have a quick read on how or what all the buttons and switches do. 😀

On 06/05/2024 at 06:18, tomo said:

Well picked the Mecan S yesterday,  And after dropping in to see the daughter and the grankids off on the 4:30 hr drive home, Not a 911,But handled the task of rain , night, crazy traffic all with comfort and poise, The combernation of the Turbo 3 ltr and PDK was fantastic, The car never seemed to struggle in any situation with a smooth transition of power and performance and surprisingly quick!!! The cruise control is a licence saver. All in all a good unit. Note before attempting to drive one of these multiple function machines have a quick read on how or what all the buttons and switches do. 😀

Great car, I miss mine!

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hey @JLD , what did you replace the Macan with? 

I bought a 9YA Cayenne S. I had to buy a car through work so thought I'd try the bigger brother. I drove a standard Cayenne which pace wise was on par with the Macan, the S is really a different car and worth the extra spend.

The Macan is a better drivers car, and the PDK is so much better than the tiptronic. But the technology and space in the Cayenne is better. So definite pluses and minuses

• 3 weeks later...

It surprises me how 2 ton of car can basically just take off when the the PDK and engine seem to be talking to each other, There is no great surge of power but you get a hell of a shock when you eyeball the speedo ,Those big brakes on the front do their job well 🙄

On 29/05/2024 at 08:45, tomo said:

It surprises me how 2 ton of car can basically just take off when the the PDK and engine seem to be talking to each other, There is no great surge of power but you get a hell of a shock when you eyeball the speedo ,Those big brakes on the front do their job well 🙄

It definitely isn't a kick in the seat sort of car, but the power is different. I also used my brakes a lot less as the engine slows the car down really well and you can get used to anticipating the delay in the engine

54 minutes ago, JLD said:

It definitely isn't a kick in the seat sort of car, but the power is different. I also used my brakes a lot less as the engine slows the car down really well and you can get used to anticipating the delay in the engine

Yep, When in manual mode good control of the cars motion without much use of the brakes not bad in Auto either, Have not really noticed a delay in engine response as yet.

24 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yep, When in manual mode good control of the cars motion without much use of the brakes not bad in Auto either, Have not really noticed a delay in engine response as yet.

More coming off stop/start, and in normal mode the accelerator needs more of a push compared to a petrol car

1 hour ago, JLD said:

More coming off stop/start, and in normal mode the accelerator needs more of a push compared to a petrol car

Yep mines the 3 ltr tt petrol ️