future value

Stanley James

I just cant balance the cost/value equation in my mind, an issue Ive never had with any air/oil cooled 911. 

That hits the nail on the head for me. If I lived O/S no doubt I'd have a late model 911 or something ; I'm damned if I'm paying extra taxes over the 50% the govt has bled from me for the past 27 years. But investment grade Porsches...now you're talking!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.I have owned a few 911s during my years, from a 1984 3.2, 1990 964 c4, 1994 993 c2, 1996 993 c4s, 2003 996tt, 2008 997 gt3rs. And the only 911 I still have is a 993.

It might to be time to change your handle  :)

Harold, perhaps I didn't choose my words wisely with my comments re 997GT3RS and my C2S. What I was getting at was I certainly didn't get back in my car, drive it and feel disappointment. Thought that was obvious but I will articulate it in words so as to clarify....

Sounds like you have had some wonderful cars and some fantastic experiences with them. Great that you can share that knowledge.

Enjoyed reading this thread very much.

Cheers

Chris

Actually Chris, on rereading your post, the comparison seems to be more with the 993GT2.......Not the 997GT3RS.

That's how it reads to me anyhow.

Harold, perhaps I didn't choose my words wisely with my comments re 997GT3RS and my C2S. What I was getting at was I certainly didn't get back in my car, drive it and feel disappointment. Thought that was obvious but I will articulate it in words so as to clarify....

Sounds like you have had some wonderful cars and some fantastic experiences with them. Great that you can share that knowledge.

Enjoyed reading this thread very much.

Cheers

Chris

Apologies on that Chris, one of my failings is I glance over sometimes a bit faster than I should.

Either way, the 993 C2S is a seriously gorgeous piece of machinery... And I sure would love one..vesuvious metallic for me please!

And for the original poster... think my number plate says it all....

post-1077-0-64972700-1372951251_thumb.jp

Sorry, presbyopia........cannot read the numberplate on your presumed 993C4S........pardon my obvious ignorance, but were the C4S and Turbo ever allowed to be delivered with the sacrilege of auto....?

Re my original post, note the number of 996 cars for sale, and the number of them that are auto....

Hi Stanley,

No at the time of the 993 they didn't have the tiptronic developed to handle the additional differential required for the all wheel drive system. By the time they released the 996 they did and so in 996 models both turbo and C4S they tiptronic.

Oh and the number of 996's for sale is directly related to the fact they were produced and sold in much larger numbers and if I am not mistaken a large percentage of them were tiptronic.

Stanley

The C4S was available with tiptronic

The Turbo not.

Not sure if the tiptronic box was capable at the time of handling the power and torque of the Turbo, but perhaps it was also just a macho thing as the tiptronics seem to go forever.

Porsche always said they made a fortune on the turbo cars versus the slimmer profit margins on the NA models. The good old wally factor. Of which I'm one I suppose!

Archived