New owner of Porsche Cayman (987)

err.. greetings,

just introducing myself to the forum..

I am proud owner of a Porsche Cayman. Didn't realise how exciting it would be driving out of the dealership with the vehicle. I have wanted a Porsche for so many years, and now in a position to affored one, so.. why not!!

The Porsche is everything I wanted to have in a sportscar.. 2 seats, mid-engined, powerful motor, comfortable.. just fantastic to drive..

My drive is a 2011 (2012 compliance plate) Cayman, silver, with PDF, sports exhaust, Sports Chrono, 3-spoke steering wheel with paddles.... was a demonstrator at Porsche Melbourne, now its mine. :-)

Attached is photo of the car, with 2 very curious golden retrievers..

regards,

Paul.

post-1183-0-34339400-1370499594_thumb.jp

Thanks!!

I've never had a car feel like it fits me like a glove.. this one does. I left-foot brake, and with the paddle-shift everyting is right there for car control.. sigh.. its bliss!! :-)

I've also joined the Porsche club of Victoria (well, they have my money!! I'm sure they'll approve :-) )  and intend to take it to the track to explore its capabilities..

Paul.

Hi Paul

Congrats on the new car.  Great to have another Cayman in PFA & PCV.

I've had mine for 2 years and I still can't stop smiling when I drive it.

Cheers Garry

Welcome Paul, half your luck, I would love one of those, think they are a great machine indeed....you mentioned jointing the Vic Porsche club.

Are you going to Sandown Saturday , as its a good opportunity to talk to like minded people......and see what some people to to perfectly good Porsches..!!

Cheers

Peter

PeterP, sadly, no - I won't be at Sandown this weekend...  I will be at the PCV meeting in June, though.Hope to se you and other forum folks there.

Amanda, yes, I live in Newham.. on 50 acres with some Red Poll cattle. 6 chooks and 2 golden retrievers!! :-) no. 7.. sounds like you're at the Newham CBD end of Dons Road.. :-)

Paul.

PeterP, sadly, no - I won't be at Sandown this weekend...  I will be at the PCV meeting in June, though.Hope to se you and other forum folks there.

Amanda, yes, I live in Newham.. on 50 acres with some Red Poll cattle. 6 chooks and 2 golden retrievers!! :-) no. 7.. sounds like you're at the Newham CBD end of Dons Road.. :-)

Paul.

Yes at the CBD end ha! It's a pretty place. Used to go exploring on Mt Jim Jim all the time as a kid. Parents are in Romsey now, some nice roads around that part of the world. I'll be on some this Sunday actually.

Archived