If you want the smell of leather, get Gliptone.

While I was out talking to some Porsche friends the other day the subject of leather cleaning came up. I shared the fact that I use Gliptone leather cleaner and Gliptone leather conditioner and of all the leather care products I have used it is hands down the one that I will stick to for the rest of my days. It keeps the leather in good condition but it also leaves an enduring natural leather scent in the car. You may have to order it from overseas but it is worth it.

I have some Gliptone, and it sure does make the car smell like leather.  But the smell is more like saddle leather than new-car leather to me.

The only issue I had with it was that it tended to make my clothes start to smell like leather as well after sitting in the car all day.  Not sure if I didn't get enough product off or what that was about.

On the subject of leather cleaners I have found that the Bowdens leather cleaner works a treat for getting dirt and grime off.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I did mine two months ago, the leather smell wasn't apparent initially but the next few days it really developed that classic leather smell...nice !

A couple of mistakes I made was when using the cleaner, make sure you have plenty of light and don't be afraid to use the cleaner and scrub as per the instructions, especially if the leather hasn't been cleaned in awhile, so I will do it again this week.

Otherwise happy

All of the above except the steering wheel.  I kinda don't want that to get slippery...having said that, the seat aren't slippery either....so I guess you could go for it.

Agree, with some caution.  

My order arrived today, unfortunately the lid wasn't screwed down tight... so a bit of conditioner had squirted out into the box, but I didn't lose much so no problems.. just had to clean it up and now my hands smell of leather.   :)

Archived