Anyone need a salesman ?

After 18 months in new car sales I have come to the conclusion it is not for me. I would love to sell Porsche but it's a hard nut to crack. Anyway I have 30 years in retail experience selling consumer electronics and recent car sales experience. I am very competent on technical sales and looking for a challenge, so if anyone knows of any opening please let me know

cheers

Bruce

are you on LinkedIn? If not you should be! I found a job through networking on there a few times now.

Have you considered something else apart from sales?

I will have to get on linkedin. I would love something else but don't have a lot of experience in any other areas unfortunately. Being in the top half percentile IQ I am a very quick learner but these days it is all about experience

I spent about 7 years in electronics sales (when I couldn't find a job in IT I liked) and it's a good basis now 'cause I know how the sales process works and can relate it to all the systems we use within the business.

have you considered merchandising or marketing or something similar? or opening your own business?

Definitely get on Linked In as already suggested. Once you've signed up, search for former bosses and colleagues and start building up your network!

Also maybe consider seeing a professional career guidance person that an help you tweak your resume and assist you marketing yourself. They might also be able to help direct you in some other positions you might not have thought of. We spend so much time and money on hobbies and caring for ourselves but very little improving ourselves professionally.

I'm going to do this myself as I'm feeling a bit 'stuck' where I am now.

Good luck Bruce.

Ha- I click ignore on at least one linkedin invite per day.  I've never tried using it to look for a job but others have told me it can work.  You do need to cultivate your connections over time and put in the effort into your profile.

Thanks everyone will get on linkedin asap. I had an interview yesterday which went well and applied for a job I have wanted for a long time, which just happened to be advertised for the first time yesterday, so I am hopeful but early days yet.

peace

Cyberpunky

Good luck with the job hunting, I hope it goes well. Otherwise maybe find something that you can do working for yourself, a little niche market somewhere, with your wealth of experience in the same line of work you must have some great skills that you could offer others.

Funny, I was talking to a good mate of mine. We both are into audio more before then now but recently have been looking at products ect and seeing what's new. We would do backyard installs... But the proper way. We both mentioned it would be good to start doing custom installs (custom boxes, fiberglass ect) as i've got the space and equipment to make boxes. The problem? No much businesses in it. :(

Archived