Anyone for looking for an SC

Great thread that one. And "Ferdinand"  sounds well cared for in 2009 anyways!

Seller sent me a text back mentioning it had been sold. Even in the message he referred to the car as Ferdinand

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and found this post regarding this car.

I'll tell you my story and dealings:

I've been looking for a 911 for a little while now and I found this one about 20 minutes after it was posted online.

I rang the owner and we had a good chat about it and at the end of the conversation I told him I would leave a deposit and fly up to pick it up.

He refused to let me leave any money until I had read the PPI that he e-mailed me while I was on the phone.

The PPI wasn't very kind regarding the accident damage and went into detail of misaligned panels and leaking front and rear bonnet and boot.

I chose not to persue this particular car as, while it was everything I was looking for, I didn't want a car that had major damage.

The PPI also stated that the repairs weren't up to Porsche standards. I spoke to the company that did the inspection and they told me that it was probably done by someone that didn't know Porsches.

There were also quite a number of other "issues" that needed attention.

I just wanted you all to know that the seller was honest and insisted that I read the PPI before buying. If I hadn't of read it, I would have had it in my garage polishing it as we speak.

Seller sent me a text back mentioning it had been sold. Even in the message he referred to the car as Ferdinand

Same here.  I find it weird when people give their cars names and use them like that to total strangers.

IMO the seller has conducted themselves extremely well, mentioning the crash history and returning enquiries even after it was sold.  I just hope it doesn't popup with history cleansed and $10k added.

The car has been sold (and not to us, either).

Reason for pricing:  In the words of the (now previous) owner, the car had taken a "massive hit" to the rear at some stage in its life.

And there it is.

I just hope it doesn't popup with history cleansed and $10k added.

Unfortunately , it's a used car and people are seduced by shiny things. One good thing about getting old is you become skeptical and suspicious of just about everything. A beautiful single woman may well be damaged goods!  

Let's face it,  the car looks so good you could sell it by the side of the road , if you had receipts for everything (bar the little accident).

"it's 30k , but I'll take 5k off for cash , mate!" 

Archived