Anyone for looking for an SC

The car has been sold (and not to us, either).

Reason for pricing: In the words of the (now previous) owner, the car had taken a "massive hit" to the rear at some stage in its life.

That's a relief. I was worried the market for SC's had crashed. Someone picked up a lot of good gear in this car despite the crook chassis.

PS this car being sold probably just saved my marriage. :o

Reason for pricing:  In the words of the (now previous) owner, the car had taken a "massive hit" to the rear at some stage in its life.

I wonder if this was the reason for sale in the end, as well.

Seems like a lot of money spent recently.

Still a good score especially if it had been repaired properly.

I'll agree.. a good PPI would be telling of the quality of repairs! 

But its not a car you'd tip lots of $$ into to try and make right... If it were me, that be a grocery getter & repairs would be of the wrecking yard gypsy type... lol 

I'll agree.. a good PPI would be telling of the quality of repairs! 

But its not a car you'd tip lots of $$ into to try and make right... If it were me, that be a grocery getter & repairs would be of the wrecking yard gypsy type... lol 

But there is no chance of a PPI in a sale like this.

The car sold in a matter of hours.  If you rang and said 'let me book it in for a PPI'-well, you're not going to get the car.

Reason for pricing:  In the words of the (now previous) owner, the car had taken a "massive hit" to the rear at some stage in its life.

Even not knowing the above, would have been worth a gamble @ $19K. If you got it and found the damage had'nt been repaired well,

You would go close to getting your money back in parts. I dont think anyone got ripped in this deal, fair price for it IMO.

But there is no chance of a PPI in a sale like this.

The car sold in a matter of hours.  If you rang and said 'let me book it in for a PPI'-well, you're not going to get the car.

Money down straight away.. PPI after

If I was in the market as such and it was local I'd just go look at it myself TBH.

Credit to the seller for being upfront about the crash history.  Others may not be so scrupulous.

Archived