Interesting Reading

Caledonian

Peter

I notice your profile says cashed up ready for a Carrera?

How about lashing out and enjoying the ride?

Youre a long time gone after all......

Get into it Son!

You'll never regret it!

............How about lashing out and enjoying the ride?

Youre a long time gone after all......

Get into it Son!

You'll never regret it!

LOL!  That's the plan Simon!

Won't be a 993TT but I'm sure I'll be happy with something a bit more modest as I been wanting one for 35 years....

hydro pneumatic self levelling suspension? I've never heard of that on a Porsche, unless im misreading the article

Think he might be referring to the then new fangled Boge struts so famously also used by Citroen?

hydro pneumatic self levelling suspension? I've never heard of that on a Porsche, unless im misreading the article

My 1970 911E had the Boge self levelling struts on it. You could pop a front wheel in the air on almost any corner. Slightlyu more comfortable ride with them.

Most cars fitted with them were changed to regular struts when the Boge wore out as they were expensive to repair.

The 912 in the beginning of the article is still going strong. Its owned by a mate, was painted white many years ago...

Wonder if your mate has ever been able to cram as much camping equipment into the front of the 912 as Jeff Carter did? Wish I could find the photo of it but a flood a fortnight ago on the farm has made things a bit soggy in the archives...

I lost a lot of money on a bet about those Boge struts a few years ago. Turns out that they were fitted to the Citroen SM and the Porsche 911 after all. Jim won, I lost. The winnings went into the SM restoration fund, a fund which now resembles the NBN according to a quite cheery Jim.....and its still not finished.

• 5 months later...

Archived