• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those interested we have one position available -  so be quick !

Reserve list available, if like above someone has to pull out.

See opening post for outline of event.

Cheers,Mark.

Targa Tassie Confirmed and paid list update.

Room for a couple more people.

Confirmed
PFA Members

Trevor - Subie
Mark  - 968
Dough - 993 C2
Jim - 996 Turbo
Randall - 3.2 Carrera P
Hugh - SC
Steveg1980

Confirmed Non PFA 
Carmine - C63 Coupe 
Leon - Ferrari California 
Gino - Audi Rs4
Bernie
Nigel 
David Lenco

Darryl sparks

Depending upon your plans already afoot , you might like to consider dropping into this on the return to Devonport.

December 1 (Sunday):   SHANNONS CHRISTMAS CAR CHARITY RUN
                                      Leaving Hobart and Launceston for Campbell Town Memorial Oval.  In aid of the
                                      Salvation Army Christmas Appeal - non perishable foods in lieu of toys.
                                      All motoring enthusiasts most welcome.  Open to all classics both old and new.

Some good cafes e.g the Red Bridge cafe at Campbell Town is what our P club uses.

Of course if you're going back via the West Coast...

• 2 weeks later...

Will have 20 cars going south and Tazzieman plus another linking up down there.

On the Sun 3rd Nov will be having a get together drive of some of those going, if you would like to come along that morning feel free but be advised it is not an SMT.

Meet at Maccas cnr Springvale Rd/Maroondah Hwy at 0645 Leave 0700.

• 2 weeks later...

Advice/opinions needed.

Steven and I have been talking about taking a long way down to Melbourne to meet rest of the crew.

The plan is to take 2 days to drive to Melbourne and choose alternative routes where possible.

Kind of a prologue to the Tassie drive.

This is a first draft of the route:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209053258080961615573.0004e575283baf22b1cee&msa=0&ll=-35.929093,149.891968&spn=2.32181,4.938354

Niko has kindly sent me his notes from the Canberra SMT (Thank you!) which made me think that we should add to the above route adrive from Cooma to Jindanyne then Wodonga via B400 and then take B500 from Wangaratta, through Bright and join back on the proposed route in Bairnsdale.

Are B400 and B500 worth the extra 400 km that they would add to our itinerary?

Also, does anyone know what is the Braidwood/Nerrigs/Cooma Rd.like? Would this be a better option than going down along the coast on A1?

Any other suggestions on other interesting roads we should include?

Or should we just get on the Hume Hwy and leave the fun stuff for Tassie?

Hi Randall,

Just quickly, use satellite/street view. It looks like route C611 in Vic is dirt, you may have to come C612.

Apart from my quick look you seem to have nailed a good route. I would probably leave the out the extra 400ks or do it on the way back.

Cheers,Mark.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fellas , looks like I have an excuse to join the Hobart back to Launceston leg on the Sunday (if that's still the plan). 

Secondly , in the spirit of the forum is there anyone who could take my heat exchangers and muffler bypass back to Melbourne on the ferry for a forum member in Melbourne? The items are so clean you could eat your dinner off them so no concerns about marks...

I'm sure the donor/recipient would be willing to shout a round of ales for the trouble. Cheers!

yes I would be happy to show some gratitude for the transportation of tassiemans bits! im happy to travel anywhere in melb to collect them! cheers 

George

And that's why I love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi fellas , looks like I have an excuse to join the Hobart back to Launceston leg on the Sunday (if that's still the plan). 

Secondly , in the spirit of the forum is there anyone who could take my heat exchangers and muffler bypass back to Melbourne on the ferry for a forum member in Melbourne? The items are so clean you could eat your dinner off them so no concerns about marks...

I'm sure the donor/recipient would be willing to shout a round of ales for the trouble. Cheers!

Be glad to help, not sure how much spare space left.

What are the dimensions and can you bubble wrap them ?

• 3 weeks later...

Excited Group ready to start the Real Targa Tazzie (20 cars) !

PFA members and other Class cars 6.3 AMGs,Monaro 427,Ferrari California,Audi V10 Spyder etc.

Symmons Plains Racetrack then 3 Days touring with Targa roads and merriment at the end of each day.Tazzieman joining us in Hobart.

PFA members will report back on return.

Planning WVT Weekend Vic Targa next year, stay tuned.

Archived