After much ado, an EOI, a WET proposal and a final SMT conclusion we have the following,

Date: Sunday 20th October

Time: 5:45am for 6am drive-off

Start: McDonalds (Laverton) Point Cook Rd turn-off of Geelong Rd/Princes Freeway

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=mcdonalds+laverton&ll=-37.86984,144.760666&spn=0.013229,0.025899&fb=1&gl=au&hq=mcdonalds&hnear=0x6ad689e9869e1f59:0x5045675218cda50,Laverton+VIC&cid=0,0,17254192997550045771&t=m&z=16

So far we have the following starters::

D-Banger

T-Man

JimTT

Niko

9fan (?)

Amanda

Caver (Navigator)

Pauly

Steve Porter

Monty188

Kelly (?)

Choppergrino

NiX

TrecMcRev

Mat911

aus-987

BBC

Polorot

explore-itineraries-melbourne-to-adelaid

great-ocean-road1-2.jpg

10153_597483653619358_709582941_n.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummmm......If I fly down on the Saturday and fly back on the Monday...can I ride shotgun with someone, anyone???

Caver, if you want a nice leisurely cruise down the GOR then I think you should come with me!

Ummmm......If I fly down on the Saturday and fly back on the Monday...can I ride shotgun with someone, anyone???

Don't think there will be any problems with that.

You could probs ride shotgun in a number of cars.

Good one Pauly.  No SMT II for you to get to the start point.

Great Steve.  Looks like the 993's will be the dominant model in this squadron :o

There's no way i could pass up on a meeting point literally around the corner from home. And a drive in my "backyard" GOR. Love that place. I may have company with me on it too.

Okay...I'm in!

Looking at some flights now.  Does anyone have any humble lodgings or even opulent lodgings if you like?  Think I'll come down on Saturday and go home on Monday.  If anyone has Monday free, it'd be great to do a bit of a drive and I can back fly in the evening.

Caver

We'll work something out between the lot of us. I've only got a couch to offer, but do live near the airport and would be happy to pick you up and get you to Doug's if he has better lodgings.

What time is your flight? Maybe a few of us can grab some dinner on the Saturday. 

Friends,

I'm on JQ509 arriving in Melbourne @ 11:35am on Saturday 19th Oct.

My return flight is QF446 leaving Melbourne @ 4:00pm on Monday 21st Oct.

Thank you all for your offers...

Wow!  My dream to do the Great Ocean Road...it's going to happen!

Cheers.

You may be right Theo. It's been a while since i've been up that way to remember how long it took to get up and back.

Not to mention the mandatory coffee stops, photo opportunities, lunch stop etc......................

Archived