914 for Niko!

This is cheap.

However, it is the least desireable model of the 914.  Think rubber bumper MG's and this is the same.

It will have rust in the battery box and the rear at this price.

A full and thorough PPI on the body is de rigeur in this case.  

It can be fixed at great expense. You could buy a very nice 911 SC with the same amount of money as an example.

Or even an early 2.5, 5 speed boxster is the same money.

I'd buy a Mid 70's, Impact bumper 911 if it were me.

Why would the rust be so expensive to fix, assuming it is in fact in places that don't have to be pretty? 

rust = time = $$$

Here's a similar car getting the hands on anti-rust treatment by an Aussie in LA

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914-914-6-technical-forum/758806-ive-joined-ranks-914-club.html

Paying someone to do this work is worth way more than the sale value of the car. This is a labour of love/madness. 

I think you guys are looking in the wrong place. The price is $7500 and you cannot buy an SC or a boxster for this price. Niko, you can change it over to steel bumpers easily.

I saw the $7500 as project starting money. If its got the typical cancer issues then it's worth considering the REAL cost.

Edit: I have no idea of the condition of the car in question. It might be OK. But you need to know what you might be getting into.

Hmm, thanks gents, but apart from anything else, you know I am sorta over yellow,

I know that sounds a bit like a hairdresser comment but I get enough hassles in the yellow Box now.

And that's just from the average "ill at ease" person on the street, or alternatively every v8 ute on the road., which for some reason also takes a dislike to my inoffensive little Box. 

But I do thank you for thinking of me.   Price is certainly good, but as has been said, what lies beneath....

That's a shame Niko, my arctic silver attracts absolutely no attention at all. I get that odd tail gater or someone that will speed up, pass me and then do the same if I go around them but that happened in the GTI.

I really do love the yellow. That 914 looks good in yellow.... car might be good for a project for someone that likes tinkering in the garage.

So what color would you choose if you had your time again Niko? In any Porsche I mean.

It was more in jest Steve F, just yanking your chain.

BTW can someone point me in the direction of a $7,500K 911 SC please.

Hey Tingy. I know mate. All good. I am looking for the $7,500 911 SC as well!

Caver taught me a bit about claying and waxing the car today. He said if I kept polishing it would turn into a Porsche. I am still polishing!

That's a shame Niko, my arctic silver attracts absolutely no attention at all. 

So what color would you choose if you had your time again Niko? In any Porsche I mean.

I think it is the bald headed old fat bloke driving a yellow sports car, thing. :(   

Anyway "I'm Porsche and I'm Proud!" :P  

I think I like the darker greys, gunmetal grey type colours for the boxes, but for a "real" Porsche any colour would be fine, even yellow.

Archived