Rush (2013 film): 1976 F1 season

Took my son to see it a couple if weeks back. Very good story about the relationship between Lauda and Hunt. The race footage was secondary to the story but was essential to illustrate the world they lived in. Another Ron Howard winner.

Yep saw it a couple of weeks ago also. Along with Davidd and his wife Kathy. Great film, Ann even commented on how much she enjoyed it.

I still remember watching the Japanese gp from that year. It was the first time an F1 gp had ever been telecast live....

Great movie and not just for petrol heads. I won tickets from Shannons so everyone there were mostly petrol heads and it went down well but I think anyone would enjoy it, as it really about the ppl not just the F1 circus. It has some really funny moments too.

"I still remember watching the Japanese gp from that year. It was the first time an F1 gp had ever been telecast live.... "

Not sure what year but I remember the first live F1 GP telecast in Australia.

My wife raced in to the room after hearing me shout " SHHH>TTT".

Seeing it LIVE as they gridded up for the start, then watching as a hand went up for a stalled car. A mechanic jumped out on the track to start the car as the lights were red and I thought they are not going to Green are they ?

They did, and the field thundered off with a car smashing into the mechanic and the stalled car.

Archived