My new 3.2 (and my first Porsche)

Fantastic story to hear. I'm on the hunt for a 3.2 and considered this car. I actually prefer cars without a tail and this one looks lovely. I'd hoped to pop round to see it on one of my regular trips to Sydney ( I'm from Melbourne). Talking to the owner it seemed to be a genuine car. Congratulations

I undertook my first PPI on a car on monday and decided not to pursue it. IT was a solid body but there was too much evidence of it not being cared for. The owner didn't even empty the ash tray of cigarette butts let alone clean it. I got the impression from the report and talking to the tech  who did the PPI that major engine work would be required in the next 10k kms so I had to pass on it. 

Your story is encouraging that the right car will come along....

Cheers Rob

Thanks all. Very kind words. At this stage it looks like I'll be in Melbourne on he 29th - and if so, I look forward to meeting the PFA crew for a maiden PFA drive.

Today the car is in for a very premature general service. It's funny... No matter how good the history of the car is, and where it's been looked after, there is something really satisfying about taking it to 'the shop you pick'... And something even more satisfying about doing it long before it's supposed to.

Can't wait to see how she feels with new spark and fluids!

Well done, which shop did you pick for the general service ?

Well done, which shop did you pick for the general service ?

Motion Auto in South Melbourne. Louis is a friend of a friend which made the decision an easy one!

PS - After oil change, fuel, air, oil filter change AND new plugs/leads she feels smooth as silk. To be honest, she already was - but the 'placebo' effect adds a new dimension haha.

Congrats…..your car was not too far from where I live.

Lower North Shore?! Did you see her in the flesh. Best paint/body I found out of a dozen or so I looked at. Incredible. Then I saw the service history and it was all over.....

Motion Auto in South Melbourne. Louis is a friend of a friend which made the decision an easy one!

PS - After oil change, fuel, air, oil filter change AND new plugs/leads she feels smooth as silk. To be honest, she already was - but the 'placebo' effect adds a new dimension haha.

Louis is a good honest bloke, I consider him one of the best for air cooled cars.

Honest, as passionate as we all are, and very importantly - a really good bloke.

After a chat with him about tightening up the suspension for a slightly flatter cornering without jeopardising too much comfort - I'm in the market for a set of turbo tie rods!

I'm used to hard rides, so the stock 3.2 suspension is just a tad too floaty for my liking.

Honest, as passionate as we all are, and very importantly - a really good bloke.

After a chat with him about tightening up the suspension for a slightly flatter cornering without jeopardising too much comfort - I'm in the market for a set of turbo tie rods!

I'm used to hard rides, so the stock 3.2 suspension is just a tad too floaty for my liking.

Speak to Randall (Forum member) he has a 3.2 and has completely transformed his car,

I drove it at Symmons Plains race track and its very well sorted.

..........................PS - After oil change, fuel, air, oil filter change AND new plugs/leads she feels smooth as silk. To be honest, she already was - but the 'placebo' effect adds a new dimension haha.

Ah! That damned "Placebo effect"!

You will come to know it all too well.................Makes the ride a lot more fun!

Lower North Shore?! Did you see her in the flesh. Best paint/body I found out of a dozen or so I looked at. Incredible. Then I saw the service history and it was all over.....

No I never did as I already acquired my 3L by the time it appeared. 

You must be loving it….3.2L should pull nicely. Poor pics when you can.

Boy I have been slack lately and not paying as much attention as I should have been.    Just come across this thread this morning.

Great story 3point2.   Sounds and looks like a great car.

The previous owner has got to give you confidence in the quality of the car.  

He sounds like the sort of bloke who knows good cars and wouldn't have any crap stuff in his garage.    

As TrevMcRev said, that is a definite keeper.  

Bet you have it much longer than your average 12 months of ownership of the other cars you've had in the past.

Congratulations..

Archived