QuozL's IROC Evocation Build Thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're selling them together, once we have them ready to offer we'll let people know and first work out with the site the best way to go ahead with it. We don't want to step on anyone's toes here without doing the right thing by the site.

Cheers Al

• 1 month later...

Just had the roof repainted where the problem with the lifting, flaking paint was from the previous owners repair.

Marti was nice enough to treat me for my birthday and even though the car is getting a complete bare metal respray it's going to be at least 12 months until I can gather all the parts and money to go ahead with that so we thought it best to get the damaged lifting paint replaced ASAP to preserve the metal underneath. Happy to say the Bump Shop in Brisbane did a fantastic job and also a huge thanks to my neighbour Graeme for his help and knowledge in helping me replace the front sunroof seal.

Also picked up a set of Titanium Lug Nuts made by Jimmy Tidwell in Socal.

Ridiculously light and look beautiful inthe glass bead blaster version on the left.

7bwx6wS.jpg

He also makes other titanium parts for classic Porsche, the quality and attention to detail is amazing.

Cheers Al

• 3 weeks later...

A little something my wife got me to inspire me with the project for my 50th Bday yesterday, individually numbered and signed limited edition.

Along with this she got me a gift certificate for a full gauge / cluster refresh at North Hollywood gauges.

Blessed  :wub:

c4035815-74e2-44cd-9e9e-6e9c6e28c7c4.png

Now what colour would you choose.

Cheers Al

• 1 month later...

I need to get the IROC bumpers done and maybe the tail, along with a respray. The paint is old and needs some attention. Once that is done I'll enjoy it for awhile while saving up to do redo the engine again with a 3.6 with GT3 crank etc.

Cheers Al 

Archived