QuozL's IROC Evocation Build Thread

Good

We're waiting on Murray to rebuild all the shocks, make them adjustable and plate them and as he is on well deserved holiday, right now the car is on the hoist taking up space.  :(

Other than that, from what Michael says it is going to look and more importantly work amazingly well. I'm not an engineer but I can tell him what I want the car to do and he assures me it will do exactly that very well and look concours while doing it so one of you is going to have to ride under there and take some video :D

At the end of the day I just give him my list, tell him how I want it to look and handle and wait for the phone call that it's finished. I was actually going to go and help him with some work this time but I've found out my shoulder clunk is a detached tendon so that's out for awhile.

As soon as he sends any images worth posting I will put them up.

Cheers Al

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL  :lol:

Guess who won the "who is going to be strapped under the car to get pics of it finished and while its working" contest.

I've got some older pics of the project even from before my ownership I'll go through with you and we can decide what's worth posting.

Picked up the new bespoke leather door cards from Lee Brothers this morning, had them made to replace the old leather ones. We've decided to delete the stereo (never use it anyway) while the car is at Promotive for this stage of suspension upgrades so I got two new ones made without speaker holes, beautiful work, highly recommend them if in Brisbane Lee Brothers Motor Trimmers . 

Pics don't do them justice, but those who frequent the SMT's will get a chance to see them in the flesh when I get the car back. 

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/QOVqP[/imgur]

If anyone in Brisbane needs a set of leather door cards with speaker holes my old ones are available, one door card will need replacing and the cover remounting as the board snapped when they were de-constructing it to use as a template. Prefer them to go to someone in Brisbane, don't really want the hassle of shipping, I like good scotch so make me an offer.

Cheers Al

I'll second the Lee Brothers recommendation, they did an excellent job of refurbishing my front seats. 

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of low resolution phone camera pics from Michael just to tease me

Underside repainted, fuel tank still out for paint and suspension still out front and rear.

T4GB2gp.jpg

Trailing arms all bead blasted waiting to go back in resting on the front cross member.

JKs1zXV.jpg

Waiting on some parts from Bilstein to be sent to Murray so he can button up the struts then Michael can get it back together and off the lift.

Cheers Al 

• 1 month later...

So we're getting closer to this round of upgrades (suspension and other bits n bobs) being finished but because everything else looked so nice Michael just couldn't bring himself to put it back together with the old rubbish brakes in it, so after a chat and some coaxing from him we've decided to do the brake upgrade at the same time, :blink:

So now we're just waiting on final pricing and availability of the Zuffenhaus RSR replicas as the supplier is in LeMans for the race week / month and it;s hard to get hold of Twinspark (distributor were using to source them) when they're at the track.

They look bloody fantastic and reports are they stop just as well so hopefully it's worth the extra wait, although at least I still have Marti's beast to blat around in now and again while I wait for mine back, even if it is a water pumper.

Pics of the brakes for clicks, these should look wicked peeking out from behind the 8" and 10" refurbished Fuchs reps. These are promo shots gathered from around the net but the same as what we'll be using on mine.

Zuffenhaus-Porsche-911-RSR-Brakes.jpg

Charlotteparade2008racecars+74+121494891

Charlotteparade2008racecars+78+121494895

Charlotteparade2008racecars+76+121494899

Charlotteparade2008racecars+79+121494902

As soon as I have any more details and images from Michael I'll post them up, hopefully not long now but I've learned just to let him do his thing and he'll let me know when it;s ready to pick up  :D

Cheers Al

So the Zuffenhaus brakes are now ordered from Twinspark in the UK  and while we wait for them to arrive we've decided to redo the engine fan and housing again.

So the centre of the fan is out for cad plating and I think we're going to be ceramic coating the fan housing and fan itself as well, similar to what Mark Motshagen has done for the guys in his thread on Pelican.

See the image below to get an idea although we're not 100% convinced on it yet so it might just end up polished and clear coated again so you will have to wait and see what is decided.

So this is one of Mark's creations from over at Pelican with the fan charcoal and the housing platinum.

Tim+Irwin+0181397686540.jpg

Cheers Al

Hey mate,

Engine isn't stock already and only has 20k on it so no upgrades for awhile from where it is now which is.

• Balanced Crank and Rods
  • Matched Pistons
  • Camshafts 993 Porsche Cup spec grind

Once we finish this round of all new brakes, suspension work and the other bits and bobs it will be onto the body and paint once the budget recovers.

So the plan is to collect all the parts for the IROC body work, including the bumpers and tail, new front mount oil cooler, new headers and exhaust for the rear IROC bumper and all the trim pieces etc and either re-anodise  all the metal trim pieces or replace with new, replace the mirros with the IROC flag style and few special parts for the windows and trim and then a full respray.

After that while the budget recovers again I'll drive it for a couple of years and then we'll work on either a 3.6 or 3.8 and maybe a G50 but that is a long long way down the track unless I win lotto tomorrow :-)

Cheers Al

Archived