QuozL's IROC Evocation Build Thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"John you might want to park in front of the door so you're next in line LOL  :)"

If he rings today and says bring my car tomorrow or I miss my spot, I'll spew.

I work  500mts away from PROMOTIVE every day,  except tomorrow I have

my quarterly visit to our research centre on Heron Island.

Al you've made me wait this long, DO NOT PICK UP YOUR CAR 

• 3 weeks later...

Bespoke RSR rear swaybar and mounts

9yRoejp.jpg

Note the curve on the swaybar rear arms. The other brands arms always hit the road when adjusted on the inner holes. With this bespoke bar and arms from Promotive this is no longer an issue.

Front mount & spacer

Q0IKial.jpg

The front mount for the bespoke RSR through the body swaybar and the front spacer we've been waiting on.

Bespoke Swaybars

MGK1gIJ.jpg

Custom splined swaybars not the big ugly squares like most others

Soooooooooooooooooooooon

It has arrived and is 99.99% finished this stage of the build LOL  :D

Still a few things to do but they can wait until the parts arrive.

Still waiting on new tyres from Longstones in the UK so still on the old TB 15's on it as well as just tweaking the setup a bit once we get the new tyres on it but driving it is like night and day compared to before.

It looks amazing but 99% of it is under the car so you'll need to get down on the ground and look up but it is frickin amazing work.

Will post all the images once I get them from Michael.

Cheers Al

To be honest the majority of the work is under the car as it was all suspension and brakes. Allot of the earlier photos show what we've done but just not with the parts installed.

Once I can get a USB stick over to Michael I'll get him to copy the images over and I'll post them up.

Thought I'd add these to the thread. Cal took them at Cars and Coffee on Saturday the 6th so most of you who were there have probably seen them already.

DGVPwKv.jpg

wc580xL.jpg

suMUPNC.jpg

Hoping to get some detailed shots of the undercarriage work in place when we have it at Michael's to put the new tyres on it. Also trying to get some professional shots done at some stage as well.

Cheers Al 

Yuk! Thats horrible!

Quick, donate it to me so that you don't wear the burden of owning such an ugly car!

It will save you from public ridicule, and people pointing at you and whispering and giggling to their mates 'He's the one with that butt ugly Porsche'!

Yuk! Thats horrible!

Quick, donate it to me so that you don't wear the burden of owning such an ugly car!

It will save you from public ridicule, and people pointing at you and whispering and giggling to their mates 'He's the one with that butt ugly Porsche'!

I actually "manned up" and told this to Al's face, while he was initially taken a back he is slowly coming to terms with the reality of it and i expect the car to be coming my way shortly -_-

Wow looks awesome. What are they Al?

Michelin TB15's from Longstone Tyres in the UK. Same as what was on there but the old ones were well worn and we changed the sizes to 215/55VR15 Fronts and 270/45VR15 Rears as the tyres the previous owner had on there were a bit wide for the car.

Cheers Al

Just got back from the first decent drive and the car is transformed.

Amazing brakes and suspension, with the car really hooking up well through the twisty bits.

First we went out to Scarborough for fish and chips at the boat shed for a bit of a cruise and then back in via Kalangur and out to Dayboro, back in towards Samford and then a blast down Winn Rd. Car was so much better and the new tyres stick like shyte to a blanket.

Amazingly good fun, now I just need another 20K for bumpers, iroc tail, headers, exhaust, front oil cooler and a complete respray and I'll be finished. LOL :D

Graeme was nice enough to take a few detail shots for us today so I'll post them below. As always the full album of the build with descriptions is at THIS LINK

Radio Delete Plate

Laser cut bespoke radio delete plate fabricated by Michael at Promotive here in Brisbane. We have more of these available if anyone is interested in them.

P0rBNc0.jpg?1

acVmIx3.jpg?1

Noticed these on the new tyres

FIA barcode on the tyres which are used in Europe for scrutineering during tarmac rallies.

1OZXuXy.jpg?1

New Tyres & Front Brake Upgrade

LneNbsT.jpg?1

New Tyres and Rear Brake Upgrade

8S4TDPC.jpg?1

bmU6W4r.jpg?1

Overview of the new tyres and stance

qi58D0e.jpg

Cheers Al

Archived