MotoGP 2014

Quozl

Not sure how many of you are into the bikes but I love any form of motorsport.

Season starts this weekend from Qatar (or Cutter if you're a fox news fan, LOL)

Young Aussie rider Jack Miller has a great opportunity this year in Moto3 riding for the Red Bull KTM Ajo team, who's rider won the Championship last year for them.

Moto2 and MotoGP should be interesting this year with Maquez the current rookie motogp champion injured for the first couple of races. 

Speed HD has all the practice sessions, quali and races live this year if you have Foxtel but if not and you'd still like all the sessions live you can watch it on the Motogp site by purchasing a video pass.

Alternately if you're really desperate you can put up with Greg Rust on OneHD, {personally I'd rather slash my wrists than put up with his inane ramblings)

Anyway this weekends race is late for us but the schedule is as follows

22 March 2014

MotoGPFP2 01:00 - 01:45

Moto3FP3 02:00 - 02:40

Moto2FP3 02:55 - 03:40

MotoGPFP3 03:55 - 04:40

23 March 2014

Moto3QP 01:00 - 01:40

Moto2QP 01:55 - 02:40

MotoGPFP4 02:55 - 03:25

MotoGPQ1 03:35 - 03:50

MotoGPQ2 04:00 - 04:15

23-24 March 2014

Moto3WUP 23:50 - (Mon) 00:10

Moto2WUP (Mon) 00:25 - 00:45

MotoGPWUP (Mon) 01:00 - 01:20

Moto3RACE (Mon) 02:00

Moto2RACE (Mon) 03:20

MotoGPRACE (Mon) 05:00

Cheers Al

Al

I'll be watching, like you.

Looking forward to seeing young Jack Miller do well this year on his top notch machinery.

Broc Parkes on the other hand will really struggle with his Paul Bird machine. Birds got good form as an owner so you never know, but it isn't looking good at this point unfortunately.

Can't wait.

Rgds

Simon

I am a motogp fan but to be honest lost most interest when they moved away from 500cc two strokes (surely motogp s version of air cooled vs water cooled). I still race (read circulate) a 1970s two stroke GP bike and they are an amazing machine.

I am a massive Rossi fan and still smarting that Rossi has wasted his last two decent years at ducati (ironically I am a massive duke fan).

The category is struggling a bit at the moment but there are still some good riders who would have been competitive in any era. I am a Marquez fan and backing him this year.

I am a huge fan. I called Marquez winning at the end of the season before last, when it was announced he was getting Casey's ride. I even put money on it lol. I am pretty sure he will make this first race(according to his facebook posts) but it will be the first time he has been on a bike since his accident. I can't wait for the season opener

I used to go, Mick Doohan got me interested all those years ago. I was chief paddock Marshall a few times at Phillip Island, worked as an official there for about 10 years until I moved to sunny QLD. Miss it but too far to travel to work 12 hours a day in the liquid sunshine of The Island.

I have a license but haven't ridden for a few years. A mate had a few road trail bikes and also a houseboat at Lake Eildon in Vic when I used to live there. We used to "blast" around the fire trails around the lake a bit. Not very good but I had a track that was just "mine" and none of the others could keep up on that one. Wombat Knob Track. Long and some reasonably good hills. Going uphill was better than down, easier to slow down when gravity is your friend!

Spoliers if you haven't seen quali yet, stop reading now.

Really interesting quali for MotoGP with just on a 10thsec between first and tenth place. It will be interesting to see how the open bikes go against the factory bikes over full race distance with the open bikes getting more fuel and the choice of softer tyre.

Aleix Espargaro really threw it away in final quali with two crashes when he should have easily had pole but Marquez was his usual brilliance putting it on pole after breaking his leg just 6 weeks ago.

Bring on the race, as well as moto3 and moto2 look like they are going to be great races as well, can't wait.

Cheers Al

SPOILERS!!!!!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Go Jack Miller What a Maiden Win!!!!!!

EDIT: Amazing MotoGP race as well, looks like it is going to be another brilliant season of racing.

• 2 weeks later...

Pole Position for Aussie Jack Miller by 3 tenths in Austin this morning for round two of championship. Should be a great race and hopefully he can get another good haul of points after his maiden victory in Qatar.

MotoGp, Marquez has lead all weekend breaking the lap record on the way to pole

Moto 2 has Tito Rabat on pole.

Racing Monday morning early so time to book mark it on Speed HD.

Moto3 RACE    02:00
Moto2 RACE    03:20
MotoGP RACE 05:00

Cheers Al

Had to up my foxtel by $25pm to now watch the 3 races... Bummed I left a message on network 10 FB... Which turned out to be a hilarious read if you are ever board with people slagging them off for pretty much everything from not showing the MotoGP any longer to advertisements for condoms during King Fu Panda last week

Had to up my foxtel by $25pm to now watch the 3 races... Bummed I left a message on network 10 FB... Which turned out to be a hilarious read if you are ever board with people slagging them off for pretty much everything from not showing the MotoGP any longer to advertisements for condoms during King Fu Panda last week

I have always had the full sports package but had no idea Speed had the rights this year so I renewed my MotoGP streaming subscription, then while browsing what was coming up on Speed the other week realised that they now had the rights.  :rolleyes:

Now I have both subs  :blink: but have actually found it useful as Speed have decided in their wisdom not to show the Friday and Saturday moto 3 and moto 2 practice sessions that don't have commentary, we've already posted on the Speed channel Facebook saying to just show them anyway with no commentary as those watching will already know what to expect and they can just put a ticker up occasionally mentioning the sessions don't have commentary.

It's quiet nice just watching the guys get on with their laps and testing without the constant rambling of the hosts anyway.

Don't forget Speed have the WSBK race from Aragon starting NOW, they are on the grid as I type.

SBK - RACE 1 18:30
SSP - RACE 19:40
SBK - RACE 2 21:10
STK - RACE 22:15
EJC - RACE 23:05

Cheers Al

I did and it was great

Moto GP is the only sport i follow, being an ex racer myself (only local club crap) I absolulty love it.

I also have a few bikes, all ducatis exept for the 5 vintage MX bikes i own

How good was it?? that young man is going to be world champ!

if your into the bike racing, you should really go to Tarree next year and watch the Troy Bayliss Classic. superb racing

• 3 weeks later...

Warning Spoiler for this weekends Moto 3 race.

Quali results

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Jack Miller on Pole by 7 tenths from second place for tomorrows Moto 3 race from Jerez.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Archived