ORIGINAL RADIO for a 1980 SC

911barber

Hi folks, I would like to get rid of the cd player/radio that's in my car, especially those massive Alpine speakers that limit my rear vision. I'm looking for an original radio/cassette player working or not, i dont care as i don't listen to music on this car when driving, the flat 6 is enough for me... can anyone help me with what the original looked like? So if I'm searching around the globe i know what to look for. Or if anyone hears of one for sale?

This.

And take out the speakers etc.

just get a blanking plate made up and paint it dash/body colour? if you don't use it you may as well save the weight

My oz delivered 79SC has the original Blaupunkt Canberra still in it. Should be able to find one on eBay fairly easily. My radio still works fine but haven't tried a tape in it.

I've been looking on eBay and they all seem to want a fair sum for an original which I would like to place back in mine.

Alternatively there are always the retro look units which enhance the period look while still giving you MP3 capability

yeah Blaupunkt Toronto 420BT is the way to go (it's what I've got and it does everything I want - only gripes are no ID3 tag display with Windows Phone - I'm sure it works with an iPhone though. and the forward/back on songs is a bit touchy)

unless the retrosound now has Bluetooth (cause it didn't when I was buying)

• 3 months later...

US delivered 1980 SC Blaupunkt radio/cassette with signal amp. aka "Dead weight"

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

Are you looking to get rid of that?  I've been thinking about getting an in-op one and gutting it and fitting a simple amp with a line in, and just having the volume knob control that.   I think that matches what was in mine originally.

Archived