-sad day Malaysian airline flight 17

michel

This is what happens when gun-runners and mercinaries rush to a war-zone to get in on the action...control can be hard to maintain.

The west won't go to war with Russia - that's ridiculous.  (More) sanctions will be imposed on Russia, their economy will grind under a recession while the organised crime gangs keep exploiting their 'comrades', and there will be increased movement of economic asylum seekers towards western Europe.  Vladimir won't budge because he's a hard-arse...

Oil and gas companies will use it as an excuse to hike the prices up and the international share trading system will wobble a little bit until everyone settles into the new situation...

Yesterday was a good day for Israel to mount a ground assault into Gaza - everyone was looking towards the Ukraine!

Not forgetting the human tragedy, spare a thought for Malaysian airlines...how do you recover from losing two full jets in less than a year?! Horrific.

Just horrific the whole thing.....and despite all the hyperbole from leaders and officials, I doubt anything will be done to find the culprits....having spent many years in the airline business I truly feel for MH and their people who are as dedicated to their business as any airline...just terrible the whole thing...

We are in Paris at present and have flown to Europe with MAS and flew that flight path to get here. We were in St Petersburg Russia last week and I am glad it wasn't today. We fly out on Sunday with MAS and it so easily could have been us on that flight if things had of been organized differently. I feel so sad for the people on that flight and their families who now have to life with the loss. Also for MAS what a shocking thing to happen.

Quite a bit of tension around here today and anger. Life is so fragile.....

We toured the western front battlefields two days ago and considering WW1 was started by an assassination I wonder where this will all head.

Will be glad to get back to the Southern Hemisphere.

Take care everyone

C

Just horrific the whole thing.....and despite all the hyperbole from leaders and officials, I doubt anything will be done to find the culprits....having spent many years in the airline business I truly feel for MH and their people who are as dedicated to their business as any airline...just terrible the whole thing...

Peter my only concern in this matter is that every other airline was bypassing this route why did MH continue with this route? Not sure what involvement you have had with MH but after seeing some of their practices surrounding P&L and how they bonus their pilots, this can be the final straw that breaks their back. 

I understand businesses are in business to make money but their Risk Management is too aggressive for my liking. We were booked on MH to go to Vietnam in September, as of tomorrow we will be cancelling no company can really be this negligent for the bottom line. 

I feel for the victims and there is no excuse in what has occurred and if the world has the balls to take it up to Russia something will be done about it, otherwise Putin will still have the last laugh.

We are in Paris at present and have flown to Europe with MAS and flew that flight path to get here. We were in St Petersburg Russia last week and I am glad it wasn't today. We fly out on Sunday with MAS and it so easily could have been us on that flight if things had of been organized differently. I feel so sad for the people on that flight and their families who now have to life with the loss. Also for MAS what a shocking thing to happen.

Quite a bit of tension around here today and anger. Life is so fragile.....

We toured the western front battlefields two days ago and considering WW1 was started by an assassination I wonder where this will all head.

Will be glad to get back to the Southern Hemisphere.

Take care everyone

C

So glad for you both Chris.

But still so sad for those that were not so lucky.

Dave and Den

History has shown enterprises irrespective of sector when thinking p&l Margins etc sail close to the wind and beyond.. Hardies big tobacco finance sector church et al -it's a cracker list

Lets not forget gaza today 600 reported dead many and mainly civilian women and children

Archived