AVM Porsche Carrera Cup GB Racing - rFactor

Russ

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm down to 46's with your setup Cal. Might be enough to not get lapped. Do you make any rear wing changes?

I have not, but I also noticed I have the slowest speed down the straight. Might try a lower downforce wing in practice. For the 1 or 2km/h it might be worth, I reckon I'd rather stay on the track!

Don't forget to read the rules about re-dressing ect if you take someone out. http://www.avm.org.au/forum/index.php?action=rules

Hey guys. I'm trying to put something together tonight but there's little chance ill make it tommorrow night. Do you think I need to be registered for this championship before tonight if I want to race next week?

No, you can register at any time. So long as you do so before entering a race. 

I was having some hardware issues, which was good  'cause most of you were running 0.46's in practice! (and i'm no where near that good yet lol)

I'm going to practice and try and join in the next few

Hey guys. After a 2 day epic, I'm finally up and running. So far, I'm really enjoying the game now that it's all set up nice. Couple things I need help with. I run a G27 Logitech wheel. The steering is accurate but there's a large deadspot in the centre where there's barely any force feedback. I've stuffed around for ages but can't get any steering resistence in the centre. Other than that it's pretty good. If anyone has a setup they're willing to share I'd appreciate it. I don't really have time to do testing. At the moment I'm running stability high, traction low, abs high. It was the only way I could stop the back end coming around under braking.

I've signed up for the championship on AVM. Is there anyway I can confirm I've done it properly? Is there a list of registered drivers or something? I also need some guidance connecting online. This is the first time I've ever used a PC game so not really sure what I'm doing (probably why it took 2 days to get it loaded). I know I select Connect and Join on the main screen. There's then a big list of what I assume are hosting servers. How do I find the one I'm supposed to join? Where do I get the login details to join it. Is there an AVM server currently running?

Just had a quick rip around Donnington to get some practice in for the next round. Had the daughter on my lap which isn't ideal but I was getting low 1:10s. Pretty sure I could get it into the 9s. Would love to know what times I should be aiming at.

More help required please. Just downloaded TeamSpeak 3 and all loaded up. In the first post it referred to enterring detail in the address box and port box. I can't see a port box on my connection screen, only address, nickname, and password.

Does this program run completely seperate to rFactor? Do I therefore log into separate servers? How do I get the server names and passwords for next Wednesday night?

I can't help with the FFB stuff, as I don't have it. Keep in mind all driver aids are turned off on AVM's server. 

I have checked on SLS and it appears you have signed up for the season no problem...... car 45 right? 

The AVM server will be running Donington already. I find it easiest to sort by mod, so all the Flat6 Enduro servers will be together. I will PM you the password. On Weds night, I just sort by players, as there will be more people in AVM than most others, so it will appear at the top that way. 

Keep an eye on this page for lap times. Nobody has posted a time on the server yet. http://australianvirtualmotorsport.liveracers.com/Live?server=!%20AVM!%20S5R2%20Carrera%20Cup%20GB

I'm not the person to ask about Teamspeak as I'm only new to it and didn't have it working properly myself last night. But yes, it is a totally different stand alone program to rfactor. Post on the AVM forum. Those guys are very helpful and want to see as big a grid as possible. 

Thanks Cal. This whole PC gaming is rather foreign to me coming from PS3. I'll try to jump onto the AVM server tonight and test it out.

I found the Teamspeak server name on AVM and the password is the same as rFactor so I think I've figured it out.

Just looking at some of the times others are posting for Donnington and I'm about a second off the pace. Do I really need to learn how to tune these cars if I want to be competitive? Best lap I've posted was a 1:09.2 which I considered a perfect lap but the car is untouched.

That's cool. If it's just lack of skill, then I can live with that. Gran Turismo 5 and 6 online racing is all about who has the most time to tune their cars. I'd prefer to be racing based on skill and not on who doesn't have a life. :) Really looking forward to Wednesday night.

Well, race one was a blast. I think I came in 7th or 8th which I was pleased with. In the dying stages I found myself catching Cal and got within a couple seconds before I ran wide with a couple laps to go and dropped back to far to have a chance. The second race was a disaster. The first few laps were fine but then I found myself concentrating on my mirrors waiting for the winners of the previous race to come through. I dropped about 5 seconds letting Flatout through, no fault of his, then I lost my bundle and was just making up the numbers. Also found everyone found their groove while I just collapsed. I don't know how to get faster at this either. The front runners were way quicker along the straight and could brake way later. I guess it's just practice.

The speed along the straight might be lack of wing. I was running 6 on the rear, but some guys run some pretty loose setups. 

I've been racing with them for many years and I can't catch them either. 

That makes sense. I was running 10. The cars are much more touchy than what I'm used to in GT6 with quite a bit less grip. Plus you just can't catch the rear end in these when you lose it so I ran 10 as a safe option.

For those interested in what we're doing and how the racing looks, here's the first few laps from my car last night. Coming from Gran Turismo 6, it's a bit different but just as much fun. I certainly can't get this type of competitive racing online in GT6. A heap of fun. I know there's a few GT fans on the forum so if you've got access to a PC and a wheel, get yourself setup. The game costs $35, everything after that is free including cars and tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQbzoxmuaxo

Archived