Why so cheap?

This seems cheap? Why am I thinking $52k is ok when most 930's are $70k?

I want to Gruppe B a 930, long bonnet, central fuel filler, bonnet mounted driving lights etc.

Yes the interior is Miami vice but that can be replaced.

Does anyone know this car?

http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-930-1982-17201579?base=1216+1841&vertical=Car&cr=6&eapi=2&__N=4294963765+4294959259+1247+1282+1252+1246+1216&num=24&silo=Stock&sort=UniqVotes

With a car of this age does it matter? Lose the rear spoiler for a ducktail!

I will always be able to return it to a standard 930.

Nearly every 930 seems to come in from UK.

Aus originals seem to be $100k

The finance minister would kill me if I spent $100k then tore it apart!!

YEP!

Jim,

On my viewer they are just extremely dusty, are only lightly scratched and have just had the face wiped with a cloth.  Should clean up a treat! :D

There's a bit more than just dust from where l see it Peter, there must be something wrong with your viewer.

Acp5069425834041842165_zpsde4645e8.jpg

Jim,

Definitely not painted with a brush where the dust layer has been brushed away.  Remember the faces on these wheels are not machine finished.

I don't have x ray vision to see under the dust but I'd say the condition is consistent with a 32 year old car and the cars worth a closer look and suggest it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

It's OK, we can agree to disagree. :)

None of us can tell definitively from the photo whether the wheels have been painted by brush, but I think what Jim is saying is if they have...then what other short cuts have been made on the car.

What's that saying...buy the owner.

Now ... which one is me.... be careful with your answer Paul.. :unsure:

Just having a bit of fun here !

None of us can tell definitively from the photo whether the wheels have been painted by brush, but I think what Jim is saying is if they have...then what other short cuts have been made on the car.

What's that saying...buy the owner.

Exactly, thanks Doug.

There's a bit more than just dust from where l see it Peter, there must be something wrong with your viewer.

Acp5069425834041842165_zpsde4645e8.jpg

aren't the marks on the left wheel weight marks for balance?

and the finish on the rest of it doesn't look hand painted, i'd say someones just wiped the dust washing it (they need FlatSix in there with his brushes)

beautiful colour cheap way to get into a genuine 930 if its come from england that would worry me a bit as someone alluded to who knows whats in hiding and a rebuild on the engine would cost a fortune..

Archived