Something to do in Melbourne

Hi to all the Melbournites,

I am flying in to Melbourne tomorrow with the wife and 2 kids for 2 days, and am looking to fill in our Friday with something to do.

The 2 young ones are 10 and 14 .....

Can anyone suggest somewhere to go or something to do on a Friday?

Saturday is sorted, so looking for a weekday activity ......

Not really interested in Luna Park type activities as we were a carnie family for 4 years and are over the ride scene.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance .....

10 and 14...........tough crowd.

You could see if the Lindsay Fox collection is open, that's in the Docklands/CBD area if your wanting to get your car fix on. I think the weather is supposed to be ok tomorrow so a taking a tram to St Kilda for lunch could be nice?

Botanical gardens are nice for a walk, NGV (national gallery of Victoria) is just across the road from the gardens if your into that sort of thing.

Usual Fed square + degraves/lane way walk/shop/coffee is always nice for some melbourne culture (+ street art)

Plenty to do but if the weather is nice you'll find most people just soaking up the sun!

Have fun Ronny.

Thanks Steve ......

My sons are competing in the Australian titles for "cup stacking" (look it up on youtube) which is why we are there for 2 days.

Will catch up with you on an SMT soon .....

0mfRTOR.gif

Not as bad as it sounds .....

We had kids rides and amusements for a couple of years and did fetes, carnivals, parties etc.  We used to refer to ourselves as carnies .....

Great suggestions guys ......

I think the Lindsay Fox collection might be on the cards .... as well as a tram ride or two for the novelty factor.

Thanks again .....

You don't have to pay for a tram! Thanks to those more intelligent than I we have the wonderful Myki ticket system for all public transport. You'll each need to purchase a Myki card and set up accounts etc. Don't go there!   Use the FREE City Circle tram instead which runs around Melbourne's CBD.

If you have a car, Werribee Open Plains Zoo is worth the half hour drive, Melbourne Zoo in Carlton is excellent too.

Thanks Harvs ....

That free tram is right up my alley .... seems like a good way to see the city and some of its attractions .

We are hiring a car so transport around the place is not a prob .....

Museum, RAAF museum point cook, Cerberus Wreck and the submarine wreck at the sandringham boat club, any of the big forts with gun emplacements around the bay.

Lol, I've lived here for decades and didn't know about the Sub wreck! Thanks.

Archived