Christmas Drinks

Guest Harold

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, given there are now a few of us i will produce some name tags for those that do not know each other. If you would care to post your first name or if you don't wish to do that email me at Harold@hbalearningcentres.com.au and i will have the name tags made. They will be small but legible. Actually that describes me ex wife perfectly, perhaps she was actually a name tag and that's why it didn't work out????

Just a suggestion Harold ...... maybe the name tags could / should include the PFA user names as well .....

"Hi David, nice to meet you ...... so what's your user name on the forum?"

For the tags sake .... mine is Ronny ....

Oh, and I think that SteveF's name is Steve, but who really cares .....  :rolleyes:

I would love to have joined in but I have a prior enguagement something to do with a promise my wife and I made to take our daughter to NY for here 21st along with her boyfriend (partly funded)....Iam sure christmas drinks would be cheaper..

Just a suggestion Harold ...... maybe the name tags could / should include the PFA user names as well .....

"Hi David, nice to meet you ...... so what's your user name on the forum?"

I'm David

That's just plain eerie .......  :ph34r:

Topic suggestions.

What should we buy our Pcars for Xmas:

1. Steve Wong chip.

2. Brake upgrade.

3. Something else cool.....

4. All of the above.

What Porsche should we buy next & why? (Note - No selling of current Porsche included in discussion

BJM
Steve
Hound dub
Corki
Edgy
Harold

Stephen

Tony

Caver

Dreamr+1

Doish (perhaps)

Possible subjects for debate:

Which is best, Manual or PDK?
Is a water cooled Porsche really a Porsche?
Which tyres are best and what pressure should they be inflated to?
Which Oil should one use?
Why are Porsche cars more expensive in Australia than USA?

Aussie delivered v Imported (pricing .... collectability ...... desirability)
Factory RHD v converted. (as above)

Do smog pumps make a difference?
Are torque converters really necessary, or are they just over-rated

The importance of rear under bumper valances and the effect on torque converters

If an air-cooled Porsche has a torque converter, does it deserve to be called a Porsche, or should we trash it and remove the badges from it so its not embarrassing us?

Are those that have cars without radiators snobs?

What to buy our Porsches for Christmas?

What Porsche should we buy next and why? NB there is, apparently, to be no discussion re selling of current Porsche.

I think the competition for the best subject for discussion should be decided by the members present on the night. There are some beauties there that if pursued would, i am sure, provide some exciting presentations.

I think the competition for the best subject for discussion should be decided by the members present on the night. There are some beauties there that if pursued would, i am sure, provide some exciting presentations.

So Harold, did you book the place out for 3 days, or does each topic have a 15 minute time limit?

With so many topics, and so many different opinions, I'm thinking we may have to choose carefully .....

So Harold, did you book the place out for 3 days, or does each topic have a 15 minute time limit?

With so many topics, and so many different opinions, I'm thinking we may have to choose carefully .....

i think you may be right.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if you can confirm the date so I can lock this in.

Ok, I just looked back at last years posts and we agreed Wednesday at 7pm was the best time for everyone. So in the absence of anyone posting a different preferred day, let's try December 10th at 7pm. 

That is the date I am working with.

Can you confirm Harold? 

December 10th at 7pm at the Harbourview Hotel. This is next to the North Sydney train station, it is not a pub but a proper Hotel so dress is smart casual. If lost, confused or incarcerated call Harold on 0433138767 and he will arrange bail, directions or clarity of life.

BJM
Steve
Hounddub
Corki
Edgy
Harold

Stephen

Tony

Caver

Dreamr+1

Doish (perhaps)

Russ (perhaps)

Possible subjects for debate:

Which is best, Manual or PDK?
Is a water cooled Porsche really a Porsche?
Which tyres are best and what pressure should they be inflated to?
Which Oil should one use?
Why are Porsche cars more expensive in Australia than USA?

Aussie delivered v Imported (pricing .... collectability ...... desirability)
Factory RHD v converted. (as above)

Do smog pumps make a difference?
Are torque converters really necessary, or are they just over-rated

The importance of rear under bumper valances and the effect on torque converters

If an air-cooled Porsche has a torque converter, does it deserve to be called a Porsche, or should we trash it and remove the badges from it so its not embarrassing us?

Are those that have cars without radiators snobs?

What to buy our Porsches for Christmas?

What Porsche should we buy next and why? NB there is, apparently, to be no discussion re selling of current Porsche.

Is the IMS Bearing a real or perceived problem with an otherwise perfect car?

so our marketing team is going to produce adhesive name tags as follows:

Bill (BJM)

Dean (Corki944)

Edgy

Harold

Tony

Ronny (Dreamr)

Jodie (not the better half)

Doish (maybe)

If you want anything else on the tag (keep it clean) please let me know by Monday 8th December as we will be producing them on that day. My marketing team tell me they will source a pic of a 911 (sorry to all the other models of P car) and have it on the label.

As long as it's a photo of an impact bumper, there won't be any trouble from me (or Mrs Dreamr) ....

does the better half have a name she would like on her name tag???

Archived