Christmas Drinks

Guest Harold

Guest Harold

I must truly be mental!

Ok, following last years fun night at the North Sydney Christmas drinks i note no one has placed a post re organising a similar event. So in the absence of any fool, oops sorry, individual, putting their hand up to organise same (I hate organising things) I guess I will give it a go again. Please feel free to replace me at any point in time between now and the event.

So if we were to think (say) the second week in December,,which evening would you prefer?

Please post your preferred evening and I will TRY to organise something that suits the majority. Might get some dancing gypsies or fighting midgets to come along this time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Harold

Ok, I just looked back at last years posts and we agreed Wednesday at 7pm was the best time for everyone. So in the absence of anyone posting a different preferred day, let's try December 10th at 7pm. Like last year, it doesn't make sense to go somewhere we have to drive from, nor does it make sense to have it in the suburbs (otherwise I would propose Cavalinos) so I propose North Sydney (it is central) at the Harbourview again. It is next to the train station and the bus terminal and the cab rank is out the front. For those that wish to drive there is a parking station in Greenwood Plaza which is across the road. If we can get 15 of us together I will book a private room, otherwise it will be tables in the bar area like last year. I will donate a lucky door prize, something related to a P car. So far:
BJM
Steve
Hound dub
Corki
Edgy
Me
So add your name if you are in and let's enjoy the Porsche car debates that will follow.
Possible subjects for debate:

Which is best Manual or PDK?
Is a water cooled Porsche really a Porsche?
Which tyres are best and what pressure should they be inflated to?
Which Oil should one use?
Why are Porsche cars more expensive in Australia than USA?

Feel free to propose subjects for the ensuing debates and I will add them to the list each time I update the attendance list. Actually we will have a prize for the best subject for discussion. Only those in attendance will be eligible to win the prizes.

My wife and I would be happy to join you all .....

And the most controversial topics for discussion ........

1. Aussie delivered v Imported (pricing .... collectability ...... desireability)

2. Factory RHD v converted. (as above)

My wife and I would be happy to join you all .....And the most controversial topics for discussion ........1. Aussie delivered v Imported (pricing .... collectability ...... desireability)2. Factory RHD v converted. (as above)

And another important topic close to your heart, "Do smog pumps make a difference?"

And another important topic close to your heart, "Do smog pumps make a difference?"

Were you actually invited Steve, or are you pushing your way in again ......  ^_^

Or maybe one close to your heart .....

Are torque converters really necessary, or are they just over-rated .....

(sorry for hijacking your thread Harold, but he started it) ........

BJM
Steve
Hound dub
Corki
Edgy
Harold

Stephen

Tony

Caver

Dreamr+1

Doish (perhaps)

Possible subjects for debate:

Which is best, Manual or PDK?
Is a water cooled Porsche really a Porsche?
Which tyres are best and what pressure should they be inflated to?
Which Oil should one use?
Why are Porsche cars more expensive in Australia than USA?

Aussie delivered v Imported (pricing .... collectability ...... desirability)
Factory RHD v converted. (as above)

Do smog pumps make a difference?
Are torque converters really necessary, or are they just over-rated

The importance of rear under bumper valances and the effect on torque converters

If an air-cooled Porsche has a torque converter, does it deserve to be called a Porsche, or should we trash it and remove the badges from it so its not embarrassing us?

New topic ...... 

If an aircooled Porsche has a torque converter, does it deserve to be called a Porsche, or should we trash it and remove the badges from it so its not embarrasing us?

I told you Harold .... he started it . I think we should remove him from the list .....

Archived