Any feedback/experience with Zag Automotive in Sydney?

HI everyone

I'm not sure if Ive posted in the right spot or not, so excuse me if I haven't.

I'm currently in the very early stages of finding a 3.2 or sc. I was hoping to slowly modify/refurb. 

I am aiming to do a backdate with the car, and just been observing the market for the time being. 

I came across ZAG automotive in Sydney who do replicas/restorations. This is very similar to what I had in mind. I currently live in Brisbane.

I then thought, "who better to ask than you PFA people!" :-)

So has anyone had any experience with them, would recommend them (i.e. any feedback?)

For the moment, I'm really trying to gauge mainly their workmanship and how they conduct business.

Thanks in advance

Tim 

My only experience with them was via email when I was in the researching my current project. I originally planned to do a backdate so enquired as to whether they had any 946s suitable for the project. 

Took 3 days to get a three word reply, "No we don't"

I then asked whether they could source one and never got a reply. 

Thanks Obrut.

Have you had much work done with them yourself?

Yep, they have worked on three of my cars to date - and currently have a 73 targa of mine which is being restored back to stock bodywork from eighties widebody nightmare.  Soon to be painted Royal Purple!

The hard part is getting a slot as they are always super busy.

JV911 - better to pick up the phone with these guys.

I think I'm going down the backdate route, but just gathering as much info as possible.

Keep gathering info but I think you'll find the 'backdating' trend has passed unless the donor car is a complete POS. Not sure what your objective is eg keeping the car or looking to flip and sell - worth keeping in mind though.

Thanks Hugh.

I tend to chop and change cars quite a bit, so was wanting to just create something that appealed to me. It was more of a coincidence that I like the look of the long hood, rather than following a trend. I'm not looking to sell this one... hopefully keep it for good if I can achieve what I have in mind. So, really just trying to create something to suit my taste/flavour. Thanks very much for your input, will definitely keep it in mind. 

cheers

Tim

Thanks Hugh.

I tend to chop and change cars quite a bit, so was wanting to just create something that appealed to me. It was more of a coincidence that I like the look of the long hood, rather than following a trend. I'm not looking to sell this one... hopefully keep it for good if I can achieve what I have in mind. So, really just trying to create something to suit my taste/flavour. Thanks very much for your input, will definitely keep it in mind. 

cheers

Tim

If your planning to keep the car then there is less risk of spending $$$ that you may not get back on re-sale. Keep your eye out as some do pop up on the market and could make a good head start for your project. 

They are hard not to like, the long hood cars are my fav too.  :)

• 10 months later...

HI everyone

I'm not sure if Ive posted in the right spot or not, so excuse me if I haven't.

I'm currently in the very early stages of finding a 3.2 or sc. I was hoping to slowly modify/refurb. 

I am aiming to do a backdate with the car, and just been observing the market for the time being. 

I came across ZAG automotive in Sydney who do replicas/restorations. This is very similar to what I had in mind. I currently live in Brisbane.

I then thought, "who better to ask than you PFA people!" :-)

So has anyone had any experience with them, would recommend them (i.e. any feedback?)

For the moment, I'm really trying to gauge mainly their workmanship and how they conduct business.

Thanks in advance

Tim 

Hi there, not sure what you've done,if you dealing with them or someone else,

but i was so impressed with there workmanship,

I'm doing my second car with them , i totally recommend Zag Automotive,

John

very professional , 

Archived