RIP Phillip Hughes

edgy

Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes has died in hospital, two days after he was struck on the head by a cricket ball while playing in a Sheffield Shield match at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Australian team doctor Peter Brukner said in a statement released by Cricket Australia on Thursday afternoon that Hughes had died at St Vincent's Hospital. 

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/phillip-hughes-dead-australian-cricketer-dies-after-bouncer-at-scg-20141127-11vcpt.html

Very sad news, I don't follow cricket that much but its a really freak accident and he was very young. 

Very sad news, particularly for those of us that follow cricket and have played the game. He was a brilliant cricketer, and a top bloke by all accounts.

Coastr, I believe it is the first time a player has died as a result of an injury in a first class match.

I think every game played this weekend, at every level, should be declared a draw.

Yes, the bowler will need a strong set of supportive friends to get through the next couple of weeks. It will be tough for him to bowl competitively for a while.

I just hope that cricket can endure the calls of the nanny-staters that will come out in the next few days.

RIP Phillip Hughes. It's a sad day for cricket.

hopefully Sean Abbott is dealing with it okay too, and he has support.

My cousin played with him a few times, according to him he was one of the most talented batsman he's played against.

How tragic. As Parents of a young person the same age We just cannot imagine the grief the family must be feeling and the poor young man who bowled. His life will never be the same and as said by others I hope he gets lots of support.

How fragile life is.....

Take care everyone

C

Archived