Martin Place

Guest Harold

Why do I feel that we are more serious about chasing speeders and "hoons" then in putting away murderers and rapists?

Oh you are a hoon, throw the book at him.

Oh you are a murderer and rapist... poor you, you must be misunderstood, let us help you.

Is it just me? or does it seem a bit wrong?

nope.

the running joke i've seen on a few forums is that if old mate had done a burnout somewhere, he'd have been locked up long before now.

Why do I feel that we are more serious about chasing speeders and "hoons" then in putting away murderers and rapists?

Oh you are a hoon, throw the book at him.

Oh you are a murderer and rapist... poor you, you must be misunderstood, let us help you.

Is it just me? or does it seem a bit wrong?

The easy fish have a tendency to get caught I guess.

It is completely wrong.

I saw a video of a 2000 Mini Cooper being crushed yesterday for the crime of 'being unsafe' in the USA.  Mind you, had the owner kept it for another 15 years, it would automatically become safe by reason of being an older car.  I didn't realise they had the same retarded import restrictions that we do.

The car was collected by Homeland Security - I mean, whiskey tango foxtrot?  Why are they impounding and crushing vehicles instead of patrolling their borders?

Being a car collector or enthusiast makes you a very soft touch.  Starting an official religion is probably our only way out.

Porsche Religion !!! I support this idea

:-)

Hey why not?

We'd be accepted as a minority and don't have to pay tax!

As much as I am biting my tongue here to try to not offend or break forum guidelines, I am very tired of minority groups literally getting away with abhorrent actions through ancient and draconic traditions and values.

Lets hope this is the last time

Lets hope this is the last time

Unfortunately, I think not. The "peaceful resolution" rubbish the police have employed over the past few years needs to go. The police sniper should have taken this dog out when he had the chance.

Absolutely mate

I didnt wish to post what most are thinking. Some moron will try a copycat.

Ive never understood capturing these people so that they can be tried and convicted, or released on a technicality.

Having 40 outstanding charges to face, he had nothing to lose but his freedom.

I'm just very happy that he got taken out the way he did

our govt and legal system has a lot to answer for. how can an Iranian refugee with multiple convictions, accessory to murder charge etc be able to walk our streets as a free man?

seems we love to protect the criminals in this country, pathetic.. yet drive a car with a loud exhaust or that's lowered and you get treated like a criminal :rolleyes::angry:

Unfortunately, I think not. The "peaceful resolution" rubbish the police have employed over the past few years needs to go. The police sniper should have taken this dog out when he had the chance.

There was a good explanation by a hostage negotiator on the news last night about how situations like these are handled and the origin of the tactics used. The tactic is of "contain and control" has been used with great success (95% without fatality). It's origin was post Munich Olympics (?) where the tactical unit burst in and a lot of people ended up dying. Force is only used as a last resort when there is an imminent threat to one of the hostages. 

our govt and legal system has a lot to answer for. how can an Iranian refugee with multiple convictions, accessory to murder charge etc be able to walk our streets as a free man?

This was also explained and it is not unusual for someone on bail if they are not an considered dangerous or a flight risk. Apparently he had been reporting to police every day and not broken any bail conditions. In hindsight he should have been strung up by his nads. 

Monis arrived in Australia as a refugee from Iran in 1996, and apparently alarm bells were ringing about his dangerous past even before he reached out shores.

According to Fars News International, Iran’s government news agency, he had stolen $US200,000 from people applying for travel visas when he was working in a local travel agency, and used that money to flee to Australia.

News Corp Australia today reports the Iranian State Department warned Australia about Monis before he arrived in the country almost 20 years ago.

A department spokesman was reported saying: “We told Australia about this criminal 20 years ago” in the Iranian government press.

“The psychological condition of the person who took refuse in Australia two decades ago has been discussed several times with the Australian officials,” a spokeswoman for the Iranian foreign ministry said.

:o  :unsure:  :angry:

last time I saw a queue that long I was waiting to go into the Louvre 

I waited with my son for 1.5 hrs to get into the palace of Versailles this year; delay due to back checking/Xraying. Even though we had prepaid tickets. The world has changed significantly. 

Archived