Cool Collection

CarreraG50

He has 15 Carrera RS in stock? Wow. Not sure if they are all customer cars or not.

I think the concept of restoring cars and driving them again is going to become more commonplace. It's like we have reached the period where inner city terraces stopped getting demolished for new apartment blocks, and people started restoring them again, despite being terrible places to live in comparison with a modern house.

I was recently reading a Jeremy clarkson column about a company doing the same thing with Jensen interceptors, but modernising as well. Because of all the regulations and economies of scale a car has to meet these days, they're a compromised product. Just meeting all the recycling mandates means there is a lot of crap plastic in them, that falls apart over time. The older cars just have more character. And ironically they are more 'sustainable' because people want to keep them instead of throwing them away.

Do you think the business model is to buy tired cars, strip them and store, then wait for a customer to walk in, and then show a catalog which is all the combinations of he stripped cars in stock? Ie, if he has a green 1969T, and a yellow 1974s, and so on, then that's what the customer gets too choose?

That strategy might work if you are picking up basket cases for cheap money that nobody else wants. I guess you could have one guy doing full time inventory search looking for suitable cars. Well heeled customers probably want to move fast, and it helps if you have the chassis already I stock.

Archived