996 GT3

Hi guys,

Posted in the intro thread but had the chance to take some pics of my new to me GT3 over the weekend (although it rained for much of it here in Adelaide). I've had the car for just one one week and cant wait to go for a proper drive through the adelaide hills.

Some of the guys here on performance forums and RL would have seen these pics but will post anyway.

The car has a number of upgrades, mostly cup car parts.

2003 996 GT3
44,000 kms
Factory options from what I can tell are Xenon headlights, leather bucket seats, white instrument dials, alluminium sill trims, carbon fibre dash trim and red seat belts
Cup car headers
Cup car muffler with centre exit
Cup car CF rear bumper to match centre exit muffler
Cup car LSD with 4.0 ring and pinion (standard LSD clutches fuck out pretty quickly with track use and the standard car comes with autobahn spec FD which kills them im told)
Cup car gear shift cables
GT3 RS single mass lightweight flywheel
GT3 RS replica carbon fibre air intake scoop
GT3 RSR crank pulley
997 GT3 throttle body
IPD inlet plenum
Bilstein 2way adjustable coilovers
Cup car adjustable toe links
Rubber suspension bushes replaced with rose joints
Brembo motorsport 2-piece brake rotors front & rear
Cup car front splitter
Porsche Tequipment roll bar
Scroth 6 point driver's harness
Makes a rumoured 272 rwkw 

IMG_3724_zps987ce9fc.jpg
IMG_3734_zpseac4ca8b.png
IMG_3727_zps9d4b1d2f.jpg
IMG_3726_zps8d22cae8.jpg
IMG_3733_zpsd332ee79.jpg
IMG_3732_zpsab1ea89a.jpg

Black was not my colour choice due to up keep but ill probably have some film fitted to help with that. Only plans for upgrades at this stage are an RS replica rear wing (OEM unit is $8500 USD!!) and maybe some CCW wheels. And a new driver's floor mat. I will probably paint the standard wheels black before changing wheels.

First track day is Feb 27th!

cheers
Simon

Thanks guys, can't wait to get it on the track although I will tread very lightly I think!

Nice to see you over here mate! :)

Which RS wing blade are you looking at? I'm thinking Manthey personally.. (about $3k)

Hey mate, Manthey looks like the best option but a lot of coin for a replica. There's another option called Mashaw (you probably know about this one?) that's about $1700 USD before shipping and customs, so will probably end up close to 3K?

Hey mate, Manthey looks like the best option but a lot of coin for a replica. There's another option called Mashaw (you probably know about this one?) that's about $1700 USD before shipping and customs, so will probably end up close to 3K?

Haven't looked around too much tbh, original plan was going to go cup wing & uprights but it means changing the engine lid (can get hybrid one to retain stock airbox & fan) plus the RS one is more subtle! Lots of Rennlist guys recommend it... Definitely pricey! You could do some damage with that catalogue :lol:

Haven't looked around too much tbh, original plan was going to go cup wing & uprights but it means changing the engine lid (can get hybrid one to retain stock airbox & fan) plus the RS one is more subtle! Lots of Rennlist guys recommend it... Definitely pricey! You could do some damage with that catalogue :lol:

Personally I think the cup wing is a bit over the top for the street  - need super aggressive wheels to pull it off...eg732562d1370051650-black-996gt3-with-red-

Or there is a company out of Canada called Aeromotions that make one that's halfway between cup and RS, but the mounts are a little untidy looking.

661189d1346724469-wtb-996-gt3-rs-or-mant

661191d1346724469-wtb-996-gt3-rs-or-mant

RS wing is nice and subtle, yet aggressive and OEM looking...perfect :)

58840881_eca0adcb2d.jpg?v=0

i always thought wedsport TC105N's would look great on these but don't think they come in the right size/PCD :(

In doing a bit of googling it doesnt look like much is made in approporate sizing for these? OZ Ultraleggara look hot as shit but they only do the in 19s for GT3 offsets and you're left with OZ Allegretta which are bland looking by comparison :(

Here's the Allegretta

24vtgnq.jpg

Archived