Oz IROC series

LeeM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking P car SMT on the way up, lunch & look at the paddock then I'd probably just hit the Hume on the way home.

I'm heading up on Saturday. I'd like to make the most of the day and catch the first GT3 Cup session. Do you have a route that gets there before 9am?

IROC Details from the Shannons Nationals page.

http://thenationals.com.au/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=756&cntnt01origid=58&cntnt01returnid=58

Also the GT3 schedule.

Race Schedule
Saturday June 13, 2015
9:10am Practice (20 minutes)
12:00pm Qualifying (25 minutes)
4:10pm Race 1 (30 laps)
Sunday June 14, 2015
11:35am Race 2 (10 laps)
3:05pm Race 3 (10 laps)

That article says it IS on at EC in July. Confusing!

IROC Details from the Shannons Nationals page.

http://thenationals.com.au/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=756&cntnt01origid=58&cntnt01returnid=58

Also the GT3 schedule.

Race Schedule

Saturday June 13, 2015

9:10am Practice (20 minutes)

12:00pm Qualifying (25 minutes)

4:10pm Race 1 (30 laps)

Sunday June 14, 2015

11:35am Race 2 (10 laps)

3:05pm Race 3 (10 laps)

"like"

Round 4: July 3rd-5th  Round 8: 13th-15th Nov

The Shannons Nationals visits Sydney Motorsport Park twice in 2015! Our first visit will be for Round 4 in July and then we return for Round 8 in November.

Round 4 categories include: Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Australian Formula 3 Championship, Australian Formula Ford Series, Australian Super Six Touring Car Series, Australian Superkarts, IROC Challenege Series & PRB Race Series

I'm looking for anyone to join me on the run to Winton tomorrow.  The plan is to leave Ashwood at 5 am and arrive at Winton by about 8:30.  The route will be fairly direct heading north east along Maroondah Highway to Alexandra and then via Bonnie Doon for the last leg north to Winton.  Eildon-Jamieson Road can wait for a SMT on another day.

Put your hand up now to nominate a meet point along the way.  

Melb%20to%20Winton%20via%20Taggerty.jpg

Good looking bit of kit. Bet they sound great.

Sure were, they're  mostly all new builds.  The sounds varied, you can judge for yourself.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sMeHho4VSQ&feature=youtu.be

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone see the Speedweek coverage of the IROCS on Sunday?

Best bit of acting driving I've seen since the 2 Litre Touring Cars debut race back at Eastern Creek all those years ago.

Once they get a dozen or more cars out there maybe they'll race for real.

PS Great pics Harvs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone see the Speedweek coverage of the IROCS on Sunday?

Best bit of acting driving I've seen since the 2 Litre Touring Cars debut race back at Eastern Creek all those years ago.

Once they get a dozen or more cars out there maybe they'll race for real.

PS Great pics Harvs.

That's sooo unkind!

This year its looking good for 12 cars plus 944's at some of the races.

6 rounds with races in SA, Vic, NSW and Qld.

The cars sound great and they go like a cut cat.  Astonishing for their age. Only 3 seconds off the front runners in TCM at the Island.

As for doing what HQ's are said to have done ... most cars are already too far gone and are being modified to the rules or otherwise they're sheds that are getting a second life. have yet to hear of someone taking a good G series rod car and going the butcher. 

Not sure 12-15 cars will drive up prices though.

The build quality and prep of theses cars is outstanding! The SA based cars are setting the standard here. 

More cars will mean more racing. Come and have a look.

Archived