extend warranty

Eddy

PDK I noticed... I would definitely take it out.

Don't get me wrong, I think when the cars hit about 10 years of age there will be cheaper repair methods out... just not now. 

My 2012 Audi is up at the end of this year its a DCT trans too... I will extend, it scares me to think of the potential repair cost on those transmissions. 

From memory, I think you have to continue the warranty as a process, which mean you can't stop it for a year and sign up  again  the year after. Or you can but it might cost you more for an assessment to do that and everything has to be in order (double check)

It could also help with resale further down the track but really, it's one of those things like life insurance, they tend to make the money on it when you're younger (new car), risker for the insurer as it gets older :)

From memory, I think you have to continue the warranty as a process, which mean you can't stop it for a year and sign up  again  the year after. Or you can but it might cost you more for an assessment to do that and everything has to be in order (double check)

It could also help with resale further down the track but really, it's one of those things like life insurance, they tend to make the money on it when you're younger (new car), risker for the insurer as it gets older :)

Yep Eddy said his current warranty expires in May - so has time up his sleeve.

And yes Eddy - as mentioned in the quote, this will help with any future resale should  you put the car on the market.  I say go for it again.

• 2 months later...

Today when I pick up my car from PCM after annual servies, I ask to extent my warranty for another year. The answer is

service department told me my car have to go back to service department and inspect again. I told him my car just finished services here and why need inspect again? They told me my car have to be checked number of points before let me extent another year.

I am really don't understand why they need inspect again after services.

Today when I pick up my car from PCM after annual servies, I ask to extent my warranty for another year. The answer is

service department told me my car have to go back to service department and inspect again. I told him my car just finished services here and why need inspect again? They told me my car have to be checked number of points before let me extent another year.

I am really don't understand why they need inspect again after services.

Exactly the same happened to me, but the second service is part of the warrantee so no extra cost. Next time just get the car serviced when the warrantee is due. Saves losing the car for that extra day

Archived