Wanted! Second hand IMS bearings

SteamWolf

Jim, next time you're in town, give me a day's notice. I'll bring in my old IMS for your dissectioning pleasure.  100,000kms on it and no signs of wear.

I dissected mine after 73kms. Had only engine oil inside with a bit more play than a new one.

Plane on changing again when I do the clutch. The way its going it will be on 2020. Where would you like me to send it?

Jim, next time you're in town, give me a day's notice. I'll bring in my old IMS for your dissectioning pleasure.  100,000kms on it and no signs of wear.

Are you around Friday morning?  Happily catch up for a coffee.

I dissected mine after 73kms. Had only engine oil inside with a bit more play than a new one.

Plane on changing again when I do the clutch. The way its going it will be on 2020. Where would you like me to send it?

I suspect I'll be very bored with the topic by 2020 lol

Are you around Friday morning?  Happily catch up for a coffee.

Yeah mate!  No worries, I'll dig out the old bearing tonight.  Free anytime on Friday except 11:00am - 12:30pm.  Send me an email.  Cheers!

Russ, that'd be awesome.  It'd be good to get a decent sample size.  Can you get them to write how many K's are on them if possible?

From what I understand the IMS replacement options work well.  But there's so much speculation around the root cause it's crazy. I'd like a "once and for all" answer.

What type of bearing is it? Is it just a ball bearing? Does it have a 6xxx number on it?

One of the causes of the failure, from what I've read, is that engine oil gets into the bearing and washes out the original lubricant. The bearing may then not be capable of the duty it gets with engine oil acting as the lubricant.

Archived