Porsche Muster 2015 - Race to Uluru to stop cancer

Molly

Porsche Muster 2015 - Good morning PFAers, I hope you are enjoying your Friday.

After driving 4400klm in 5 days across the country in my old black '78 911SC last year to raise money for Cure Cancer Australia Foundation in Race Across the Nullabor, we are setting out for an even bigger drive and fundraising challenge this year.

We are doing a loop from Newcastle/Sydney to Uluru and back over 8 days commencing September 11th. We are interested in hearing from anyone who is interested in joining us at Uluru for a fundraising finale on September 14th. The "race"  is you racing your own fundraising effort. We are using $1 per klm and our drive will be 6000klm.

We have interest from a few guys in far flung corners of this wide brown land We are taking tar sealed roads as we figure there are enough opportunities to bush bash already...unless of course like us, you are driving through NSW, where a bush track could be a better option!!

If you would like to find out more, please let me know or check out our community Facebook page for updates https://www.facebook.com/PorscheMuster?notif_t=page_new_likes ...if you are interested in helping out a good cause, the Cure Cancer Australia Foundation page is now active and the fundraising team is about to start...http://curecanceryourownidea.gofundraise.com.au/page/911

This is a disease that has effected most if not all of us in some way, and its not hard to find inspiration to take on the challenge of doing whatever we can to help find a cure for those that are living with this disease....So, who's up for it?

A commendable thing you are doing there friend. Cancer is a cruel bastard of a disease. I said goodbye to the love of my life on Tuesday after a nearly 2 year battle with metastatic bowel cancer. I watched her waste away to nothing, and there wasn't anything left to try and save her with. Nobody should have to go through that.She was 48.

Please, everyone, if you or your loved ones feel unwell see the doctor straight away. Don't leave it. And get a second opinion if you're not happy. Early detection is the key to beating it.

Thanks everyone. I wasn't intending to hijack Molly's thread. It's just really important to continue to raise the awareness of early stage detection. They promote that you should have a bowel screen when you turn 50. She was diagnosed a few weeks after her 47th birthday, and they said it was probably in her system for at least 2 years before that.

Stew, my condolences to you and your family. As said above, cancer touches everyone. Anything we can do to help fund research and care for those living with it is a worthy cause. Sponsoring a cross-country blast in a Porsche seems a fun way to do that.

Unfortunately no one escapes this disease and it impacts on all of us because we know someone in our family or close circle of friends who will be affected by cancer.

I to have a father who has been fighting the fight for 3 years and a beautiful daughter in law who i treat like my own who is currently going through counseling to have both breasts removed, a horrible thing for any woman.

Archived