Seems like the Sydney property market and air-cooled market isn't too dissimilar; it's hard to put a roof over your head. 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-2196899&Cr=0 

Aussie delivered C2 manual 964 = $60k ~ even at CTS crack pipe prices... 

Is a roof over your head really worth the extra $40k? That buys a lot of colour bond :ph34r:

PLUS - Cab is cool enough for Hank Moody ( aka David Duchovny )

original.jpg

x8pev7shzvx4daixucs7.jpg

hankbeatupporschefrontview.jpg

Is a roof over your head really worth the extra $40k? 

Absolutely... well I hope so, um yeah sure. I have to believe that, collecting new C2 Coupe tomorrow:)

Seems like the Sydney property market and air-cooled market isn't too dissimilar; it's hard to put a roof over your head. 

At least entry into the air-cooled market is a lower price point! For now...

when was the last time you checked the prices of 964s edgy...i'm actually surprised that CTS aren't asking more. it only has 140k, it is aussie delivered, it's a manual, it's a c2 and the colour is pretty cool. what's the catch--i wonder if it's been in a nasty accident or something. My first impression was that CTS were a little on the low side as i've seen higher asking prices for far less desirable cabs.

Absolutely... well I hope so, um yeah sure. I have to believe that, collecting new C2 tomorrow:)

At least entry into the air-cooled market is a lower price point! For now...

I feel the same (that its worth it, I don't even like sunroofs)... but its a noticeable disparity between coupe & cab. 

when was the last time you checked the prices of 964s edgy...i'm actually surprised that CTS aren't asking more. it only has 140k, it is aussie delivered, it's a manual, it's a c2 and the colour is pretty cool. what's the catch--i wonder if it's been in a nasty accident or something. My first impression was that CTS were a little on the low side as i've seen higher asking prices for far less desirable cabs.

I don't check them much mate.... But I do think the Fx market is easier to watch :lol: 

I agree with you, in the current climate.. it seems REALLY well priced. 

1511 x G series + 964 Coupes were imported here 1974-1993.

328 x G series + 964 Cabriolets were imported here 1983-1993.

(this excludes the 47 x 3.2/964 Speedster variants)

.....so only 18% all of aircooled impact bumper/964 units imported were Cabs. Fewer still were manuals, given many C4/C2's were Tiptronics..

Here, the Porsche 911 is currently about the only classic where the coupe variant is 'valued' more than the rarer Cabriolet variant. Merc 300SL's used to be the same but the 300SL roadster market has corrected of late.

Here, the Porsche 911 is currently about the only classic where the coupe variant is 'valued' more than the rarer Cabriolet variant. Merc 300SL's used to be the same but the 300SL roadster market has corrected of late.

The 300SL's don't really count though, because who would want one without those iconic gull wing doors. 

The 300SL's don't really count though, because who would want one without those iconic gull wing doors. 

Late production Roadsters have disc brakes and an alloy block, and are acknowledged as a superior car to drive. They also had a better rear suspension set up and usable windows. I've passenger-d in a Gullwing and driven a Roadster, and the Roasdster is the nice car to spend time in, especially in our climate, but the Gullwing does have that incredible door theatre. Many owners have one of each......

Didn't think the day would come where I deemed a 993 tipper coupe "affordable" at the $70-80K bracket. 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-1760811&Cr=10 

These are pretty tempting and seems like a few are on the market, is it too much money for what it is??? Seems like a big price delta between the top dog 993 Turbo and 993 C2 (& 4)  S 

Archived