Car transport

ANF

Adam, I need to get from Melb back to Ltn Easter Monday.  Was planning to fly, and timing may not be right, but otherwise I'm happy to come back on boat with car and you can pick up from me in Lonnie....

And I have offered to get it from Brisbane to Melbourne but perhaps there's someone who could get it to Sydney and I take it to Melbourne,  or someone who could get it from Sydney to Melbourne and I get it from Brisbane to Sydney...the moons could be aligning.

I just hope it's worth it?

25 minutes ago, jakroo said:

And I have offered to get it from Brisbane to Melbourne

Very kind offer. Having just driven Noosa to Melbourne last month with my own purchase, I swore never to make that drive ever again!

I used CEVA last year Perth to Melbourne for my 911. Transported in a container by train for just over $1000.

Yes,  well I've never done the drive before so it'll be a first.   But by the time I get to and from the points via plane and charge him the $400 an hour driving fee (I've estimated it's about 70 hours driving plus 8 nights accommodation with a sleeping fee of only $50 an hour),  he may be better off financially getting a professional to do it! 

I drove my 996 Brisbane to Melbourne over a weekend a few weeks back. Stopped in Parkes.

i had trouble getting a transporter, kept saying too low rise height so would need to be inside and that was going to be $1800ish or more across a lot of places. Then saw a damn 911 on regular transport truck on the way down.

ceva had good recommendations from a friend who had used a few times.

For all those that offered to help the deal is now done and with a bit of haggling car is being freighted by Ceva with part of included in the price, win win all round.

Thanks guys, now the waiting game :)

• 3 weeks later...

My car has arrived now via Ceva and not overly happy with them.... car arrived on time (last Thursday, just could not pick it up) - picked it up yesterday and some dickhead had black sealer/ caulking compound on their clothes who drove it whilst Ceva had it! It made one hell of a mess, of course they denied it. Being a beige interior it is VERY hard to get off and has soaked into the slightest crease in the leather!! :angry:

Not happy! The dealer is chasing it up but doubt anything will come of it!! I will keep trying to get the black shit out of my otherwise perfect interior!!

59 minutes ago, firstone said:

Ceva sh1t me as well with lies of damage. 

No resolution. 

I paid and moved on. Or did I? ?

If I ever buy an interstate car again, maybe use someone different or better still buy a car closer to Tas.... :rolleyes:

I used Carways for my recent purchase of a 928 from Melbourne to Adelaide and didn't really have any issues and the price was pretty good (a lot less than Ceva which I have used in the past).

21 minutes ago, 3legs said:

I used Carways for my recent purchase of a 928 from Melbourne to Adelaide and didn't really have any issues and the price was pretty good (a lot less than Ceva which I have used in the past).

They may be the ones to use now, Ceva gone to shit.....

5 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Ceva delivered my TT Sydney to Melb door to door and speedo had an extra 130ks on it upon arrival than when it left the dealer -- work that one out -- someone enjoyed a nice spurt in it!

As long as you didn't have to foot the bill for the speeding fines :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Observation from recent trips up and down the Hume - Ceva trucks were the oldest and dirtiest of any of the car transporters we came across during our travels.  The transporters moving new cars were all tidy and clean.  Unique Car Carriers had the most impressive rig, covered trailer, very neat and clean prime mover, but you probably pay very well to get that service I would expect.....

46 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Observation from recent trips up and down the Hume - Ceva trucks were the oldest and dirtiest of any of the car transporters we came across during our travels.  The transporters moving new cars were all tidy and clean.  Unique Car Carriers had the most impressive rig, covered trailer, very neat and clean prime mover, but you probably pay very well to get that service I would expect.....

I just had a peruse of their website, does look like a pretty good setup: http://www.uniquecarcarriers.com.au/our-fleet

Archived