964 C2 Coupe-what price?

twood

I am again revisiting the idea of selling my 964. 

Without going into the reasons (don't ask) my question is "What is a realistic value"?

I know the value of a car, or anything for that matter, is what someone is prepared to pay but I would appreciate any thoughts from research or knowledge PFA members may have found.

I have searched the Australian websites and I cannot find any 964 C2 manual Coupes for sale in Australia. I have looked at a number of British, European and American websites but the price of these cars (RS and Turbo models are even more insane) seems irrational.

If you want to know more about my car go to my rather amateurish website at http://www.businessmagazines.com.au/A Cars/

This is not about trying to find a buyer, a POA, or testing the waters, I am just looking for a realistic sale price for the car. I have not made a definite decision to sell the car but an idea of value may help me come to final decision. 

Any positive assistance is appreciated.

KH_964-044_zps3dkx5rde.jpg

Yours is a UK import isn't it?  You might need to revert it's appearance to something more original to get the dollars?

That being said the Saffa delivered resprayed red one that belonged fleetingly to a forum member changed hands at maybe a 10% discount to an equivalent Oz car, both times.

Ergo, yours is worth $125k atm.  :ph34r:

Hong Kong import - I bought it and imported it nearly 10 years ago

I have always struggled with the grey import values, same factory, same car, just a different delivery point bit I am also a realist and I know that often imported cars can be valued at less. Wonder if that goes for a Porsche 918?

$125K - Wow that would make for an easier decision if was the case.

I have the original sales invoice from the HK dealer-it cost $950,975.00 (HK $ that is). Not many people can say they have a Million Dollar car:P

What next? I have thought long and hard about a replacement I really like this car and I would not replace it. To be honest there is nothing out there that would offer me the level of performance, value and something that I can work on myself.  You do form a bit of a bond to car that you have owned and worked on for 10 years and had so much to do with what it has become.

The input is most appreciated.

Nice looking car.

I would have thought Hong Kong not to be much of a negative on value.

UK on the other hand seems to be a value add in the present market conditions, with ex UK cars being repatriated duty free.

Great looking car. I might be interested at the right price :)

most recent Aussie delivered c2 that sold was bought by a PFA member for $100k. FRAZ, also on PFA, got one a few months ago. Don't know what he paid but guessing a lot less as he said he was out of the market when prices started to climb, then suddenly pops up with a find :) An import sold here would be less. Whether you agree with the sentiment or not Aussie delivered always get a 20-30% premium. If someone was really keen you might get $85 but cars that don't tick the boxes are hanging around a bit. You want it sold quick $75k. You want to sell it to me, I'll give you $65k knowing that it will be a donor car for a future Singeresk project I have in mind and might save the Aussie delivered C4 I have waiting in the wings.

i would ignore overseas pricing. You would have to factor in all of the duty, tax and transport before you got to the real figure

I am again revisiting the idea of selling my 964. 

Without going into the reasons (don't ask) my question is "What is a realistic value"?

Nice looking 964. I've been following values for a while now whilst looking for both our 964s, but still the prices continue to jump each time one is listed. My thoughts, if you want top dollar (and who doesn't?) I'd suggest reverting some of the cosmetic mods. Sell both sets of wheels and buy a set of genuine Cup 1s, straighten the smile etc. Maybe put back the stock fogs and lenses, and some interior bits. Not sure about the Gemballa bits, some my like, others not. Mechanically it sounds great, even with the high miles and a non-sunroof should be a premium over one with. If this was mine I wouldn't let it go for under $95k. But if you do, I'll offer +$5k more than turbot and you can keep all the sets of wheels?

Nice looking car.

I would have thought Hong Kong not to be much of a negative on value.

UK on the other hand seems to be a value add in the present market conditions, with ex UK cars being repatriated duty free.

in a sane world a car would be judged on condition and suitability for market alone.

Porsches in Australia must show their racial purity by way of a stamped aluminium plate in order to get top dollar.

I'm yet to see the same phenomonen in other cars.  Do the Ferrari guys care about original delivery location as well?

overseas prices can be ignored, but not overseas buyers.  People are watching Australian car sales sites with pounds, dollars and euros in hand.  When the Aussie d takes a battering, exports of all things goes up.

put $100k on it and wait for someone to pay it, If you're not in any rush to sell there seems to be enough interest

I'll miss the tech days and drives though!

EDIT: and you've got the rest of your life not to own a 911

Hi Ken, I concur with Russ, l suppose it's tempting for you air cooled gents to consider riding the demand wave currently and looking to new horizons. Anyway your car is a gem. Sohan.

Thank you all the replies. I was hoping that someone would know of a 964 C2 that had sold in recent months in Australia and for what price. Is there a reluctance to discloses prices by buyers/vendors

I like Russ's logic and will, if I decide in the next week to sell, do similar to what he suggests and let the market decide.

I have to smile at the WTB ad http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1083523028 that Mike posted-a 964 for $60K. To quote Michael Caton in The Castle "Tell him he dreaming". With KGB's suggested price I am guessing he is trying to inflate the market being a 964 C2 owner but split the difference between the $60k and $125k and it probably is fairly close to the mark.

Ken, you do realise that it wasn't ME that wrote that advert! it's a different Michael!

Mike

I wrote that badly-I meant that you had found the ad and posted the link onto the PFA website. Sorry did not mean to infer that the ad was from you 

I'm yet to see the same phenomonen in other cars.  Do the Ferrari guys care about original delivery location as well?

cars from cartain countries i.e. UK are prone to horrendous  rust, while others i.e those from Japan, are often modified and have zero service history. For example Aussie delivered Nissan 200sx and GTRs fetch a lot more than Jap delivered cars. Said imports can be harder to insure too.

as for the 964, put the standard wheels back on and 90k which is a 10k discount over the last Aussie delivered sale (you could count sales this year on one hand)

as for the 964, put the standard wheels back on and 90k which is a 10k discount over the last Aussie delivered sale (you could count sales this year on one hand)

The standard wheels were dare I say it "Ugly" most now run Cup 1 wheels - I looked and looked and I could not find a single documented price for a C2 manual Coupe anywhere

Archived