Steering Wheel Extension Hub

Arnage

Hi all

Has anyone fitted an after market hub that brings the steering wheel closer to the driver, 60mm would be good? This is for a 1977 911 C3

If so can you tell me where you purchased? 

Factory wheel rubs on my legs, so looking for new steering wheel & extender hub.

Thanks

Ian

Hi all

Has anyone fitted an after market hub that brings the steering wheel closer to the driver, 60mm would be good? This is for a 1977 911 C3

If so can you tell me where you purchased? 

Factory wheel rubs on my legs, so looking for new steering wheel & extender hub.

Thanks

Ian

I think I have one the same as described by KGB -if interested PM me and I will have a look in the garage

I think I have one the same as described by KGB -if interested PM me and I will have a look in the garage

I might be interested if he doesn't take you up on the offer - I didn't know such a thing existed!

I might be interested if he doesn't take you up on the offer - I didn't know such a thing existed!

Russ 

Drop over one day and we can see fits and if it suits you-no charge as i am sure we could fit in an afternoon or at least by early evening:D 

Without wanting to start another thread (apologies for hijack). I'd like to fit a detachable steering wheel to my 912 eventually. mainly for security reasons, but also the racer wank factor. Anyone done it?

Thanks for the reply's so far.

Looked at these http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt67_67_511_-cma81-cmo104-ct359/Porsche/911-1965-1989/911-1974-83/Steering-Wheels-Parts/

Cant picture how the set up will look. Would I be correct, that 1. You fit a hub to the steering column (say Momo). 2. Fit extender to to the hub. 3. Fit steering wheel to extender ? 

Good shout Tit Demon Tweeks have a bigger range. Lee you should have a look.

Thanks for your kind offer twood. Do you know if your wheel moves eccentrically with the spacer fitted? 

I like this wheel, a change from Prototipo http://www.autosport.com.au/momo-retro-360mm 

I think I have figured out what I need: Momo adapter hub, B&G quick release= +40mm or B&G adjustable spacer 45-70mm, Momo Retro 360 wheel.

All these can be sourced from Demon Tweeks as recco by Tit 

I just put a Momo on my car , also thought it was close to the dash 30mm ?

Hi 86, not sure what you are trying to say. My factory wheel is 15mm from top of steering wheel across to the top of the dash/instrument binnacle I checked earlier. 

If you want more than 30mm then a spacer is required between the hub & wheel.

Mine's about 30mm from the dash as well, it never bothered me until I let a pro driver behind the wheel and he took offence to it...

Why did the pro driver take offence, was the steering wheel too close at 30mm or not close enough to him?

For me, I need the wheel to come closer to me thus increasing the wheels height away from my legs, so no rubbing.

Does your current wheel have dish? If not maybe consider a dished wheel and do without the spacer. Can easily get say 70mm of dish on the wheel which will bring it closer to you. 

My car is a standard looking car with an excellent (even though I say so myself) factory interior so would like a more classic look. Most of the dished wheels especially deeply dished all seem to be too motor sport oriented for me, yellow striped & all. Thanks for the thought though.

Cheers

Ian

I have the Rennline quick release which brings the wheel closer so no need for an additional spacer. It's also easier than most to get on and off.

You'll probably have to relocate your horn button to the dash though

I have the Rennline quick release which brings the wheel closer so no need for an additional spacer. It's also easier than most to get on and off.

You'll probably have to relocate your horn button to the dash though

Forgot about the horn function. Looking at a US site Andy's Auto Sport you can get a NRG manufactured QR with horn connectors. Priced up all items $425US + $424US shipping & fees.

I have emailed re shipping price

Why did the pro driver take offence, was the steering wheel too close at 30mm or not close enough to him?

For me, I need the wheel to come closer to me thus increasing the wheels height away from my legs, so no rubbing.

The pro wanted the wheel to come closer to the driver as well as departing further from the dash. I kind of agree but the effort Vs reward isn't there for me to bother getting an extension.

Archived