Hey All,

My name is Col, I hail from Brisbane  

New to forums and new to the Porsche experience, been driving a 2005 BMW 130i for the last 4 and a half years and was looking to get an new M135, after a couple of test drives I decided that apart from the performance and "newness" I felt more involved in the 130i with good old hydraulic steering and N/A throttle response. Anyway a mate suggested a used cayman, and so the hunt began. After my first test drive of a 2007 base model I was totally hooked.  I had no idea how balanced a car could be. Finally after 3 months searching I picked up a 2009 model in Aqua Blue with 57000 on the clock, my first weekend involved a 6 hour drive on some great roads in Brisbane, 6 weeks on my BM which was going to be my DD hasn't moved from the garage! Anyway every Sat and Sun morning I'm on the road for a blat I totally love this car. 106_(800x467).thumb.jpg.8ef5f65c22624f10

Welcome Col, I share your love.   Yours looks sensational.   Not many cars that blue looks good on, but it sure works on the Cayman.

Wheels look grouse too.   is it manual or PDK?

Beats the Bimmer everytime....

Has anyone noticed how many of the "newer breed porkers that are appearing on the forum"

God I love a Cayman.  Nice car Col.  I would buy a Cayman in a heartbeat if I had the spare cash at the moment.  I have to content myself with a Boxster that is far, far more affordable.  My next car though (after I find a buyer for my wife & child) will definitely be a Cayman.  They are the next best thing to a 993 in my books. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not familiar with the acronyms  on car forums, what would a C&C  be? If it involves a drive I would be in except this weekend I have something on. After only 6 weeks or so I have done over 2500 k's in the car, it's like a drug you just want more and more! Each time I drive it I push it that little bit harder and I reckon my abilities will run out well before the car reaches it's limits. 

Archived