New Financial Member Permissions

Orlando

• 4 months later...

Hi Glaze88, Financial Membership's primary function is to support the PFA, with the added benefit of being able to sell things in the for sale section. When we have merch, FM's have a 20% discount available to them, and there are also decals that are available on request to Financial Members.

If you, or anyone, are interested in these PFA logo decals, feel free to pm me with your address and I'll be happy to send them out :) 

Due to some recent requests and inquiries, the Financial Members now all have the ability to:

- edit, and delete, their own posts, and  

- add Calendar Events to the PFA calendar. 

Cheers,

Orlando

Can we restrict access to certain threads to non members , can we look into why there is general  public access to the information on the site..via google?

Maybe not the correct place for the total discussion, but I dont understand why Non Fin members  have access to marketplace at all.. advertising costs money period elsewhere on the net for focused markets.

I also dont undertsand why a minimum contribution by $20 bucks cant be made by all and then have a the membership tiers allowing to access other areas.

Public acces to so much the forum really doesnt promote membership or contribution.

Someone else sent me his seraches on our forums, as I have said your comments are not so secure and valuable information is quite accesible 

What's driving the spike in air-cooled Porsche 911 prices ...

porscheforum.com.au › ... › General Marketplace and Values Discussion
  •  
Mar 27, 2015 - What's driving the spike in air-cooled Porsche 911 prices ..... Nobody wants to sell their Porsche, and especially at a knockdown price, but when ...

Many forums give a certain amount of access to non members to give them a feel for what the forum is about and hopefully encourage financial membership.

A minimum contribution of $20 would probably cause a large reduction in membership. :ph34r:

personally I am not opposed to restricting the marketplace forum to FM's only and I could put this to @Kerry  and the mods.  I agree that there is value in the contribution of members.  Having said that I should first check what proportion of contribution to marketplace comes from FM as opposed to non FM.

Edit: there does seem to be some significant contributions from non FM

Agree , I guess im looking for contrubution to be valued , community to be built and a level of energetic and financial contrubutionism to be brought by all.

20 bucks is a small price in todays terms, Im also conscious of creating a admin nightmare..so these are questions only.

Maybe we make as simple as $10 to post an ad if your a non FM, then its a simple user pays model and there is incentive to join. i for one , opened with FM membership because I felt it was a small price to pay.. all clubmenbership today for me has a contribution.

Open to your suggestions, as a newbie , just reporting the news somehat of what I see.

• 3 months later...

Archived