Coming Out

Paul Carrera

I have made the decision to finally come out of the garage and declare myself Bi

Now as I write this my beloved Carrera is sharing a room with a front engined water cooled beast - namely a 1984 928S2

I have been toying with the idea of either a 944 or 928 as my daily drive for a while now and looked at a few 944's but was a little disappointed with the performance although the handling was superb. I then started looking at the 928's and after filtering through all the crap that is for sale I settled on a nice blue 84 S2 that was a euro import arriving in the country in the early ninetys. It is the 310 bhp version with the 4 speed auto. I would have preferred the manual given the choice a few days ago but after driving it around a bit im pretty happy with the auto for the type of driving I will be doing.

The car is very straight and the paint good with just a couple of fingernail sized blemishes to sort out but the seats probably need $400 or so spent on them, the mechanicles are all good I had a PPI done, but there are a few electrical bugs to sort out that are really pretty simple and just need a bit of time spent on them. And all this for less than the price of a 10 year old Kia Carnival!!

I wouldn't call it a barn find but I got it off a mature farmer who was also a mechanic who seemed to maintain it really well but wasn't so hung up on cleaning. When I looked at it it was dusty and just scruffy looking inside and out but I know that after a good clean and polish it will come up looking really good. He has owned it for nearly 20 years and it has been unregistered for nearly 3 as he's also got a couple of S4's as well. I will get a pic up once she's tidied up a bit. 

Went in to register it today and they handed me my plates   3 numbers then VWU   I guess I'll need a personal plate sometime soon. Would have been worse if it was on a 911.

Very unkind Bruce and Peter I have been busy cleaning. The car now smells nice on the inside and all the farm smells seem to have dissapeared thankfully, and I have given it a well deserved bath on the outside just need to give it a good polish. Your welcome to have a look anytime Bruce. The only other thing I have done is swap out the steering wheel for a momo.

Here are some pic's still needs work but getting there.

118_zpsgcnxdenf.jpg

113_zpsluka2ipk.jpg

112_zpsfu14uqs4.jpg

115_zps259l4gdx.jpg

Archived