Keen on a Porsche Boxster 986 (Melbourne)

alien07

Hi Guys, 

I am very keen on getting a Boxster, love the looks, the sound, the lines!

Have seen one in a nice knick in Melbourne. (I'm located near Brisbane though), Any enthusiast located in Mel? Willing to send a crate of beer your way~ :)

Worried to buy a lemon.

Thanks!

Hi Alien.    Welcome to the forum and good luck in the hunt.

Good choice with the 986, great value for money now, but you probably already know all that.

I won't go not the pros and cons of the 986.   

Hopefully you have done your own homework there.

What area in Melbourne is the car located?  

I am sure someone here will be able to give it a once over for you.  

I am away at the moment or I would have a squizz at it for you.

Obviously though, even if it looks good, you would definitely be advised to have a PPI (pre purchase inspection) done on it.

there are definitely lemons out there, but he PPI should sort that out.

Im back in a fortnight, si if by chance no one has had a look for you, and you are still interested in it I will have a look at it.    

Hi Alien.    Welcome to the forum and good luck in the hunt.

Good choice with the 986, great value for money now, but you probably already know all that.

I won't go not the pros and cons of the 986.   

Hopefully you have done your own homework there.

What area in Melbourne is the car located?  

I am sure someone here will be able to give it a once over for you.  

I am away at the moment or I would have a squizz at it for you.

Obviously though, even if it looks good, you would definitely be advised to have a PPI (pre purchase inspection) done on it.

there are definitely lemons out there, but he PPI should sort that out.

Im back in a fortnight, si if by chance no one has had a look for you, and you are still interested in it I will have a look at it.    

Thanks Niko for your offer! :) Guess that sometimes its difficult to get a PPI cos of the fear of missing the deal.

Glad to be part of this club with helpful members around. :)

Welcome Alien and good luck on the hunt!

There seems to be a plentiful supply of Boxsters out there so I would not be pushed into buying one for fear of losing if you could not organise a PPI in time.

Thanks Niko for your offer! :) Guess that sometimes its difficult to get a PPI cos of the fear of missing the deal.

Glad to be part of this club with helpful members around. :)

as ANF said, there are quite a few out there, so don't push yourself into a corner, PPI,s can be organized pretty quickly and there are a few business's  in Melbourne that would come to the party.   I just had a mate buy a Merc :o on the result of a PPI and he booked it in to be done the next day.

some of the business's realise it has to be done ASAP, and will oblige.

on the other hand if the seller is reluctant to let you get one done, I would "probably" walk away from it. 

I just had a mate buy a Merc :o on the result of a PPI and he booked it in to be done the next day.

Nothing wrong with buying a Merc Niko  ;)

Can't help on PPI in Melb but sure someone here can

Hi Guys, 

I am very keen on getting a Boxster, love the looks, the sound, the lines!

Have seen one in a nice knick in Melbourne. (I'm located near Brisbane though), Any enthusiast located in Mel? Willing to send a crate of beer your way~ :)

Worried to buy a lemon.

Thanks!

Feel free to post a link up of the advert.

In relation to PPI's and getting the car inspected best let us know where the car is located and we can point you towards someone in the area. 

Yup. Owner update the ad so fast! 

Guess who bought it? :P

Sorry, couldn't wait.. Been looking for a while.

Colour: Check

Engine capacity: Check

Transmission = Manual: Check

Placed a deposit first, now to get some checks done. :)

The owner doesn't have time to drive the boxster to a workshop for PPI checks... 

Any guys near Hampton, Vic to help me see see please? :)

Congratulations, a yellow one too.    JOCARO in Breaside, Is the workshop that did my mates new Merc for $350.00, he was very impressed with the report.

obviously others around, but I have used them personally for about 4 years now with my yellow one, and they would be my recommendation, and not that far from Hampton.

Congratulations, a yellow one too.    JOCARO in Breaside, Is the workshop that did my mates new Merc for $350.00, he was very impressed with the report.

obviously others around, but I have used them personally for about 4 years now with my yellow one, and they would be my recommendation, and not that far from Hampton.

Thanks Mate! :) Very excited. 

Thanks SteveF and eoghanroe,

Unfortunately I wouldn't be, will be getting a door to door service or a truck to transport it back as it will take 3 days by myself. :(

Thanks.

Did you look into this first?

I got some freight prices when I was looking to buy interstate and apparently they charge a lot more for lower cars, which the Boxster is! Hope you can get it home for a reasonable price!

Congrats on the purchase, Speed Yellow is it?

Alien, without trying to sound like a whine in an EK Holden Diff....

please........get a PPI done before you close the deal.

once you get it back up your way, there's not a lot you will be able to do if there are some unexpected (expensive) surprises.

unless you got it a very very good price and are happy to chance it..

As it is the seller doesn't need to sell it with a RWC.   SO.......Please get it checked over.

I've been biting my fatherly lip on this as well. 53 and a dad so can't help it.

Alarm bells ringing here.

Seller would feel he need not bother with a PPI now as he has you landed in the boat already. You sound so keen.

It could be a very expensive gamble on any Porsche not to know exactly what you are buying. The Boxster needs a PPI IMO.

I know plenty of air cooled cars well sell that way because the market is hot on them.

The Boxster, cool to cold, which gives you leverage to hold out for him to get the car over for inspection.

Another one will come along if it goes. A quote I read somewhere, probably on this forum was "Buy the best Porsche your budget allows". 

Ok, old man over n out.

Archived