**Deposit Taken** - 1990 964 Carrera 4 Cab in NSW

Lee - I've had a consignment experience. Paid the up front. Borderline farce. I did forgo the detail. Though still felt like I was in the capital chemist enema aisle.

Did I get a premium? Nope. As the seller was I treated to a macchiato  and a shoulder massage? Nope.

did I find the buyer - yep. Did I pay a big 'fee' for the hard work. Yep.

(At moment) I reckon it would have been more cost effective, to park it illegally in Martin place and got a better sale price. 

I digress and this has been covered in another thread.

Though the 'big end of town ' have more than enough perps willing to pay the premium and the fees to avoid sullying their hands. 

Fair enough, though I wouldn't be paying what they tell me I will pay, UNLESS they upped the sale price to accomodate their fee. 

As my ol mum has always told me, a fool and his money are soon parted. Lucky I lost mine then, but I still own a Porsche :-)

Meanwhile, I haven't had any enquires as yet.

Have been told by a consigner that as I have advertised the car elsewhere (here is the only place BTW) that we will not be able to increase the price much more.

I am still not sold on the idea as I am reading mixed reports from experience forum members.

I am hoping that someone on here knows someone that would be interested.

I suggest you start advertising it in the usual places and see what happens .... you haven't given it a go yet and there are tons of buyers that don't look on PFA when wanting to buy a car .... (hard to believe, I know)

Take good photos and sell the dream in your description ....

Remember .... you only need 1 buyer. 

You've been public for what, less than a week? Chill 

as above wack it on car sales - either way any of the dealers with a client interested in this car, will contact you and either low ball you out of it; or will take a more modest fee to broker a deal.

You've been public for what, less than a week? Chill 

as above wack it on car sales - either way any of the dealers with a client interested in this car, will contact you and either low ball you out of it; or will take a more modest fee to broker a deal.

Point taken!

I have taken the plunge and jumped into carsales and gumtree

It's also free to advertise on carsguide.com.au ..... why not?

You might also want to try ebay .... not the best place to advertise, but they have a fantastic reach and customer base.

I'm a firm believer in trying anything and everything .....

what a difference a day makes ;) - PFA TAX??

Surprised CTS didn't jump at it (check out the number plate)

God luck with the sale mate

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3670453&Cr=4

CTS have offered to take it. However I will have to hold out for a week or so due to work commitments.

oh and PFA Tax doesn't apply to PFA members of course..haha

**Deposit Taken**

Had a good chat with a fellow PFA member this evening and we have come to an agreement.

As a result I will be out of the P Car family for a while, but hopefully back in the near future.

I am also happy that the car will be sold to a fellow enthusiast and someone who will enjoy it as much as we did.

I will continue to follow this forum with great interest and jealousy, I cannot thank you all enough for your support and assistance over the past 12months.

Regards

Adrian and Simona

P.S. The 'drop in' coffee shop will be open for any PFA members who are in the area.

I'm both elated and sad for you at the same time ...

While I know it was a reluctant sale .... congratulations!

I look forward to seeing the next chapter evolve and all of us here being a part of it.

Regards and all the best .....

I'm both elated and sad for you at the same time ...

While I know it was a reluctant sale .... congratulations!

I look forward to seeing the next chapter evolve and all of us here being a part of it.

Regards and all the best .....

Thanks Ronny, it was indeed a reluctant sale but one that had to be done..

But onwards and upwards and like you said, new chapters await.

Adrian

Congrats on sale guys,

hope to catch you up for a coffee when next up that way again,

ohh and also play with the dog..LOL..:D

Hope you are not out of the scene for long & congrats to fellow pfa'er who was lucky (and smart) enough to buy your beautiful car.

All the best B)

Archived