**Deposit Taken** - 1990 964 Carrera 4 Cab in NSW

Due to unforseen circumstances we are putting our beloved 964 C4 Cabriolet for sale. 

Though the reasons are many and varied, at the end of the day we are left with no other option. I really do not want to go through the Carsales tyre kickers and we would much prefer to sell it to a like minded enthusiast here on PFA. Those of you who have personally seen the car know how much it is has been pampered and looked after in it's lifetime.

We purchased it from Auto Haus Hamilton just over a year ago and I have always had it stored securely under cover. We have put just over 1000kms on the car since owning it.

Details: 1990 964 Carrera 4 Cabriolet

Red with Black Interior

5 Speed Manual

Approx. 74,000kms

Hong Kong Import with service receipts for gearbox and engine work. 

Being an import, it has the Turbo electric front seats and clear indicators.

All the electrics work correctly, including head and tail lights, wipers, rear spoiler, central locking, indicators, dash lights etc.

Two original Porsche Keys

New roof which works perfectly with no leaks, (I was caught out in decent shower once on the Brooklyn SMT)

Air Con compressor is new, however the mixing unit (PN. 964 624 324 00) is faulty and has been bypassed temporarily.

The paint is in good condition and has several layers of wax on it, personally put on lovingly by myself.

The engine runs well and pulls as strong as expected.

Aftermarket Alpine CD player with old style IPod adapter cable

Although the spec is the less desirable of the 964's it's still an air cooled classic that will only increase in value. We hope to have a P Car back in our family in the near future and I will still be following this forum with great interest.

Please PM me with any questions and I am more than happy to provide detailed pictures to interested parties on request. I have had limited success with attaching pictures to forum posts.

The car is located in the Hunter Valley NSW.

Regards

Adrian and Simona Graham

URL]

URL]

URL]

Sorry to hear this Adrian ....

We've been on a few runs together and I know how much you love that car and how well it goes.

I hope things, whatever they may be, sort themselves out ....

Best ..... Ronny.

Thanks Ronny, I hope to not be out of the P Car loop for long...I do enjoy the meets when I can get along to them

Adrian & Simona,

so sad to hear that you have to let go of the cab, hopefully we can organise a drive and a coffee before it goes.

GLWS but I have to say its a sad day.:(

Hopp we can catch up soon.......

Dean.

Thanks Dean, it's not gone just yet...so yes a quick squirt up and around the vineyards would be ideal..

GLWS    cars are a great thing and porsches are at the top of those great things, BUT they aint the be-all and end-all of stuff that goes on in our lives

hope all works out..

one thing ive learnt A is that "theres always another car out there and often a better one"  you just gotta be patient.. 

when youre ready to dive back in im sure youll find a beauty

cheers hughesy

A very fair price Adrian, makes it a easier to own another P car. It must be very difficult for you.

The other alternative to Autohaus is the Classic Throttle Shop North Sydney. I believe they charge between $8-10k but the exposure is global. just a thought.

cheers

Jack

A very fair price Adrian, makes it a easier to own another P car. It must be very difficult for you.

The other alternative to Autohaus is the Classic Throttle Shop North Sydney. I believe they charge between $8-10k but the exposure is global. just a thought.

cheers

Jack

they told me the other day $1000 flat fee to stick in their showroom, then fee is negotiated on percentage of sale price. Others have suggested 7-10%

they told me the other day $1000 flat fee to stick in their showroom, then fee is negotiated on percentage of sale price. Others have suggested 7-10%

The only problem with that is you would want to make sure they got an "above average" price .... otherwise you could find yourself backwards from having sold it privately.

I'm sure that in a lot of circumstances it would be of benifit though ....

The only problem with that is you would want to make sure they got an "above average" price .... otherwise you could find yourself backwards from having sold it privately.

they are often quoted on PFA of getting crazy prices - means you don't have to deal with all of the carsales bull shit I guess

Spoke to Simon from CTS and will be emailing him some details, pics etc and will see what kind of deal he can offer me.

As Tom rightly said, they try to charge an upfront fee of $1000 for professional detailing and photos. Then followed by a percentage of the sale, start at 10% and then work backwards from there

It seems that they are getting that additional premium to validate going down this path.

I thought about consignment  and have been low balled by the odd dealer; took a deep breath and listed my car on carsales. hasn't been as painful (so far) as my bulging discs :) 

GLWS 

Any bites yet michel?

It seems that they are getting that additional premium to validate going down this path.

Providing they are actually getting the listed sale price, I don't believe this is always the case though? 

As a fellow 964 owner and general sticky beak - that's good to know.  Thanks

+1. :)

Spoke to Simon from CTS and will be emailing him some details, pics etc and will see what kind of deal he can offer me.

As Tom rightly said, they try to charge an upfront fee of $1000 for professional detailing and photos. Then followed by a percentage of the sale, start at 10% and then work backwards from there

Word of advice, if going down this path skip the detail. It's certainly not what I consider a professional job... and could actually cost you more money to rectify the work, ask me how I know...

Archived