Be careful of this one- very dodgy characters.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3627147

Very Dodgy Cheeky Buggers!! I wasn't able to get an initial response from the owner of this car.  Sent them an email via carsales & then a text 24hrs later to say I sent you an email, when is a good time to call you to discuss your car- nill response!!  Thought maybe they aren't interested in selling their car.  I just gave them a call & asked for Kim Jones (the listed seller) a middle eastern male answered a bit aggressively & said, "Who's Kim Jones Mate?"  he then fired off some Arabic to someone in the background & then came back & said, "Yeah, Yeah Kim Jones that's us- you want the car $30k flat mate."

Conversation went on like this for a few minutes with "Kim' disclosing some repaired damage etc, etc.  I asked him if he was a dealer & he laughed & said, "Something like that mate".  I ended the call quickly & crossed this one off my list.  The search continues.........

wow

I quickly reported them to carsales as they seem dodgy as hell Mike.  I wouldn't want to rock up to look at the car with a healthy deposit in my back pocket.

As a side note I went & took a Cayman (listed in Bris for $43k) for a test drive a few days ago.  Horribly maintained, such a shame that a beautiful car would be let go so far. 

Love a bit of racial profiling.

Sorry Elsporto, I didn't mean to insinuate that the dodgy character selling the car was dodgy due to the fact that he was from an ethnicity other than my own.  I was simply reporting the fact that this character used a language that sounded to me to be much like Arabic (Of course I am not a linguist & it could well have been Turkish, Lebanese or another similar dialect from that general region)  However if I extrapolated out my post to make it completely inoffensive to all it would have been a far longer post.  If you were offended I sincerely apologize. 

cheers,

Jason

Let's not be too quick to judge, just because he owns a Boxster that's no reason to discriminate. :D

Craigieburn on on the other hand...............:lol:

That's completely out of order, Hugh. Boxster owners are real people with real feelings who just want to be part of the larger Porsche family. I hope PFA doesn't support a "stop the Boxsters coming to Australia" program. Boxster owners have been persecuted in the land of Porsche for far too long and just because they have an under-powered motor it is not acceptable that anyone engage in marque cleansing...please no car profiling and remember that in the utopia of Porsche land we welcome all P-cars--under-powered or not:)

Mate, it was an 'S' so you're absolutely right it was dirt cheap even at 143000k's.  It was really very neglected inside.  The interior had gouges out of the trim, the roof lining was coming away, the knobs & buttons were worn away to the point where you couldn't see the markings, food detritus in the compartments etc. Leather seats had never seen a treatment.  The exterior had a few stone chips etc but was reasonable.  Blew a big cloud of white smoke on start up (I assume most would that aren't being driven regularly).  Made me worry that if an owner had neglected the outside so much the engine would likely have been given the same level of neglect.  I think it could have been had in the high 30's but still- a car like that in a neglected state seems to be a money pit to get it back up to scratch.  Could be wrong though!!

Sorry Elsporto, I didn't mean to insinuate that the dodgy character selling the car was dodgy due to the fact that he was from an ethnicity other than my own.  I was simply reporting the fact that this character used a language that sounded to me to be much like Arabic (Of course I am not a linguist & it could well have been Turkish, Lebanese or another similar dialect from that general region)  However if I extrapolated out my post to make it completely inoffensive to all it would have been a far longer post.  If you were offended I sincerely apologize. 

cheers,

Jason

Thanks Jason.

I wasn't offended, but appreciate your response.

Ben.

Archived