10 Deathtrap Cars That Are Too Dangerous To Drive

ANF

For any of you early car owners that are now too worried to drive your cars ..... I will offer to take them off your hands as a public service.

Please don't expect a top price as remember, they are dangerous ....

Just PM me and I'll organise the rest.

BTW .... if you get any other offers pretending to offer you the same public service, ignore them .... they're flippers and dealers.

They fixed the early SWB 911s by the ingenious solution of placing 11kg cast iron weights in both front corners. Later used batteries...

The turbos killed and maimed a few ; like most supercars they were bought by rich people not great drivers.

I'd have a Corvair. Something a little different around these parts. Of course I'd drive it like a little old lady on Sundays.

Yes and in a similar vein who can remember Peter Wherrett backing off in a 930  mid corner at Oran park to show just how terrible the car was during an episode of Torque. (It was a TV show back in the day to all you who don't remember or were too young)

Ah yes a wondrous motoring reporter who later has a special Mitsubishi Sigma named after him...go figure. The 1970's were a bit like that must have been the drugs or something..... 

Actually Peter wasn't a bad guy when you met him even if he raced Alfa's.

Actually Peter wasn't a bad guy when you met him even if he raced Alfa's.

He would have been pretty handy at DIY car repairs then.  Anyone that has anything to do with Alfas must have had a wicket kit of tools in their shed.

The early corvairs with beetle-copy swing arm suspension were pretty bad.  They weren't designed as a sportscars, they were competition for the beetle.  Cost cutting eliminated the swaybar at the last minute.  I was reading an article recently and the recommended front tyre pressure was 15psi!

by the end they had proper independent rear and swaybar and other tweaks but it was too late and the die was cast.  There is an interesting Lenos garage episode on a racing version.

Archived